This easy overnight oats recipe includes five dessert-like toppings like banana bread, strawberry and cream, chocolate brownie, lemon blueberry cheesecake, and Thai mango.
Why This Recipe Works
Here’s why we love these five ways to make this cold oats recipe:
- Each topping idea is packed with flavor, texture and color, so there’s something for every palate.
- This is a super healthy breakfast that’s full of fiber, protein, and healthy carbs. Just like this Easy Vegetable Frittata Recipe.
- You can make the oats ahead of time, so this recipe is perfect for meal prep, just like Healthy Greek Chicken Bowls.
- The oats are topped with fresh fruit, spices, and seasonings, so you get plenty of vitamins as well.
What Goes Into This Recipe
These are the ingredients for the base of the overnight oats:
- Oats. This recipe works with both quick and rolled oats.
- Milk. You can use regular or dairy-free milk.
- Yogurt. I like to use plain Greek yogurt, but you can also use dairy-free yogurt.
- Chia seeds. These help achieve creamy texture because they absorb liquid, plus they add healthy fats and fiber.
- Maple syrup. You can use your favorite sweetener.
- Vanilla extract. I recommend using pure vanilla, but you could use a different extract depending on the flavor you’re making.
And these are the ingredients for the toppings:
Banana Bread Overnight Oats
To make overnight oats that taste like freshly baked banana bread, you’ll need:
- Banana. Make sure you’re using a ripe banana for the sweetest flavor.
- Nuts. You can use walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts.
- Orange zest. This helps add a touch of brightness to the creamy banana bread oats.
- Cinnamon. For that classic warming flavor.
Strawberry and Cream Overnight Oats
- Strawberries. Slice them nice and small so they can easily mix into the oats.
- Protein powder. You can use collagen powder if you like.
- Sour cream. This adds tanginess.
- Lemon zest. For a bit of acidity.
Chocolate Brownie Overnight Oats
- Cocoa powder. Use unsweetened.
- Chocolate chips. The mini chips are easier to mix into overnight oats.
- Brownie. Go right ahead and crumble in your favorite brownie for rich, decadent flavor at breakfast.
Lemon-Blueberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Cream cheese. Make sure it’s at room temperature for easy blending.
- Lemon zest. This adds that signature cheesecake flavor.
- Blueberries. Fresh will work best.
Thai Mango Overnight Oatmeal
- Mango preserves. I like using sugar-free mango preserve.
- Fresh mango. This adds wonderful texture and flavor.
- Coconut butter. For a rich, creamy texture and Thai flavor.
Here are a few simple swaps if you don’t have all of the ingredients for this easy overnight oats recipe:
- In the base, you can use quick, rolled or gluten-free oats.
- Feel free to use coconut (or another non-dairy) yogurt instead of dairy yogurt.
- You can replace the milk with water or tea. Or coffee!
- Try swapping maple syrup with raw honey or stevia extract liquid, to taste.
- Replace vanilla extract with vanilla paste.
- You can also replace the chia seeds with flax seed meal.
How to Make Healthy Overnight Oats with Yogurt and Chia Seeds 5-Ways
It’s incredibly easy to make this cold oats recipe. Here’s how to do it:
Start by making the overnight oats base with yogurt and chia seeds. First, add the oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, and maple syrup to a single-serving sealable jar or container. Make sure you leave some space at the top for toppings. Stir the ingredients well so they’re evenly combined. Cover the oats and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to overnight.
Finally, just before serving your oats, add the toppings to make your favorite flavor.
I like using quick oats. Even though it’s a bit more processed, it makes a creamier texture. However, if you prefer old-fashioned or rolled oats, those work great too.
Certainly. Simply replace the chia seeds with ground flax seeds or flax seed meal.
I like adding yogurt to the oatmeal base for a creamier texture. But if you’d rather skip it, you can do so with no changes to the recipe.
Yes. You can replace the milk with water or your favorite tea. I love to make the brownie oatmeal with cooled black tea for a kick in the morning. Cold coffee would also work.
The lemon blueberry cheesecake works well with green tea.
To do so, make your favorite tea, then strain it if needed. Allow it to cool, and add the same quantity as the milk to your oats and stir well.
Frozen blueberries work too. However, after thawing, the texture will be mushy. Nevertheless, still tasty!
If you’re not following a strict weight loss diet, these are perfect for incorporating into your healthy eating plan. The ingredients are pretty clean and help encourage healthy digestion, and improved mood.
To make these oats even better and healthier for the gut, I would also mix in your favorite probiotic drops, just before serving.
Here’s the plan for meal-prepping overnight oats: make a large batch of these 5-way Overnight Oats on a Sunday, and you’ll have a different breakfast ready for each day of the week ahead!
Keep these tips in mind when making any of this easy overnight oats recipe:
- Start preparing the oatmeal base in the afternoon. This way, each jar will have at least 2-4 hours of soaking in the fridge. Then, you can divide the oats between individual jars and finish off each one with toppings. I recommend using 12 fl oz/350 ml jars, so you have plenty of space for toppings.
More Easy Make-Ahead Recipes
- Greek Mason Jar Salad
- Easy Thai Beef Salad Recipe (Keto/Paleo/Whole30)
- Easy Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe (Paleo/Keto/Whole30)
If you made these healthy overnight oats with yogurt, chia seeds and 5 different toppings, let me know how you like it in the Comments below, Rate It, and make sure you Share It with your friends and family. And if you want to see more recipe videos like it, follow me on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. And for weekly updates, be sure to Sign Up for my Email List.
Terci de Ovaz cu Iaurt si Chia, in 5 Feluri
- 5 borcanase
Baza pentru terciul de ovaz cu iaurt
- 45 g fulgi de ovaz
- 120 ml lapte - fara lactoza sau vegan daca va place asa
- 60 ml iaurt grecesc simplu
- 1 lingura seminte de chia
- 1 lingura miere sau sirop de artar
- 1/2 lingurita esenta de vanilie
Topping-uri pentru reteta de terci de ovaz cu banana bread
- 1/2 banana coapta - pisata sau taiata felii
- 2 linguri nuci - romanesti sau pecan
- 1 lingurita coaja de portocala
- 1/2 lingurita scortisoara
Topping-uri pentru reteta de terci de ovaz cu capsuni
- cateva capsuni - tocate marunt
- 1/2 scoop pudra de proteine sau colagen
- 2 linguri smantana
- 1 lingura coaja de lamaie
Topping-uri pentru reteta de terci de ovaz cu brownie
- 1 lingura cacao
- Un praf de sare
- 1 lingurita fulgi de ciocolata
- 1/4 cana brownie sfaramata sau taiata bucatele mici
Topping-uri pentru reteta de terci de ovaz cu fructe de padure
- 60 g crema de branza - la temperatura camerei
- 1 lingurita coaja de lamaie
- 35 g afine proaspete
- O felie de lamaie - pentru decor
Topping-uri pentru reteta de terci de ovaz cu mango
- 30 g dulceata de mango fara zahar
- 1/2 mango - taiat in cubulete
- 2 linguri unt de cocos
- Incepem prin a pregati baza: in borcanase de cate o portie, adaugati fulgii de ovaz, laptele, iaurtul, semintele de chia si mierea sau siropul de artar. Lasat niste spatiu si pentru topping-uri.
- Amestecati bine, acoperiti borcanul si lasati-l la frigider cel putin 2 ore. Cel mai bine este peste noapte.
- Chiar inainte de a servi terciul de ovaz cu iaurt, adaugati topping-urile.
- Baza pentru reteta de terci de ovaz cu iaurt trebuie sa stea la frigider cel putin 2 ore pentru a deveni super cremoasa.
- Recomand sa adaugati topping-urile chiar inainte de a servi terciul de ovaz pentru a fi super proaspete.
- Aceasta reteta de terci de ovaz cu iaurt poate fi pregatita mai din timp pentru ca se pastreaza foarte bine la frigider. Deci puteti face o cantitate mare, pentru toata saptamana.
- In aceasta reteta puteti adauga atat fulgi de ovaz intregi cat si fulgi de ovaz instant. Puteti de asemenea sa folositi orice tip de lapte va place, inclusiv fara lactoza.
- Puteti sari peste iaurtul clasic si sa folositi iaurt fara lactoza sau iaurt vegan de soia sau cocos.
*Acest post poate contine linkuri afiliate