This Keto Artichoke Chicken Recipe is decadently creamy with tender pieces of chicken breast in sauce, flavor-packed artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. It’s a perfect low-carb, 25-minute dinner recipe to make this week.
I’m here with another of my favorite keto recipes. This time, it’s tender seared chicken breasts in a silky cream cheese sauce with pops of savory flavor and color from artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes.
And the best part? This is a one-pot dish that takes less than half an hour from the stove to your dinner table.
I know you’re probably already hungry for this creamy chicken artichoke recipe, but before you jump up, be sure to read my tips and tricks first.
Start with the easy ingredient swaps that make this dish diet-friendly and easy to make with whatever you have on hand. Speaking of diets, you can make this recipe Paleo and Whole30-compliant with a few easy tweaks.
And finally, if you’re serving a crowd, check out my suggestions below for how to serve keto artichoke chicken with the perfect side dishes.
Still with me? Let’s get to it!
Here are the best Tips & Tricks for Keto creamy chicken and artichokes.
Best Tips & Tricks for this Keto Artichoke Chicken Recipe
1. Which ingredients can I change in this Keto creamy chicken and artichoke recipe?
I made this recipe with tender chicken breasts. However, you can just as easily make it with boneless chicken thighs or even turkey chunks or cutlets.
In fact, you can even make it with meatballs. Beef or poultry meatballs would both be delicious in the creamy sauce.
For a strict low-carb meal, omit the sun-dried tomatoes. Otherwise, they add a lovely layer of umami and pop of color to the dish.
Also, feel free to play with the herbal flavorings. I love parsley in this dish, but you can use any herbs you love. Fresh oregano and thyme are both delicious with creamy chicken, artichoke hearts, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Finally, for another hit of briny flavor to enhance the artichoke hearts, add drained capers or pitted chopped olives. You could even add a few minced anchovies to give it a more robust flavor.
2. How to make this Creamy chicken artichoke recipe Paleo and Whole30
With a few simple tweaks, you can adapt this keto creamy chicken and artichoke recipe to make it Paleo and Whole30-friendly.
First, skip the dairy. Replace the cream cheese with non-dairy milk such as unsweetened almond milk, cashew milk, or coconut milk.
To do so, combine 1 1/4 cups non-dairy milk of choice with 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free flour in a small bowl. Whisk well until the flour is incorporated with no visible lumps.
Be sure to use a Paleo/Whole30-friendly flour blend to make this cream cheese substitute. You can also use tapioca or arrowroot flour, which are both grain-free and diet-approved.
Add the milk mixture to your sauce (instead of the cream cheese), and allow it to simmer for a few minutes until thickened. It should take no more than 3-4 minutes to turn into a creamy sauce.
And there you have it: an easy dairy-free version of this creamy chicken artichoke recipe.
3. What to serve with Creamy Chicken with artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes
This hearty chicken dish is easy to pair with your favorite vegetable side dishes or starches. If you’re not following a low-carb diet, it’s delicious with Roasted Smashed Potatoes With Garlic And Parmesan.
For more low-carb side dishes to pair with Keto Artichoke Chicken, try:
That’s the end for today, my dear foodies. It’s time to get into the kitchen and start making creamy keto chicken and artichokes for dinner tonight.
And if you like this easy 25-minute keto chicken recipe and want to see more like it, please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- Creamy Chicken Mushroom Pasta With Alfredo Sauce
- Garlic Shrimp With Parmesan: Easy Keto Recipe
- Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe Video
Keto Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- 2 lb (900g) chicken breasts
- Sea salt and ground pepper - to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 oz (28g) sun-dried tomatoes - chopped
- 1 1/4 cup (300ml) chicken broth
- 8 oz (226g) cream cheese - softened
- 1 (15 oz / 425g) can artichoke hearts in brine - drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (15g) chopped fresh parsley - plus more for garnish
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and sear for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until golden brown and mostly cooked through. Set aside on a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Sauté for about 1 minute, or until the garlic is fragrant. Add the broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese with a whisk, mixing until the cheese starts to melt into the broth and transforms into a smooth sauce.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, if needed.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Return the chicken to the pan and spoon over the creamy sauce.
- Continue to cook the chicken for a couple more minutes, or until completely cooked through and hot.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with extra parsley.
- For easy and convenient ingredient swaps, read Tip #1.
- Tip #2 has everything you need to know to make this creamy chicken recipe Paleo and Whole30-compliant.
- For my favorite dishes to pair with this Keto artichoke chicken, be sure to read Tip #3.
*This post may contain affiliate links