This quick and easy Air Fryer Salmon with Everything Bagel Seasoning is a crispy, crunchy and simple protein to top salads or serve with your favorite side dishes. Best of all, you can make this air fryer salmon recipe in just 15 minutes.
Why This Recipe Works
Here’s why we love this simple crispy salmon in air fryer:
- The salmon cooks in less than 20 minutes, so it’s a fast weeknight dinner, just like this Keto Creamy Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato Sauce.
- It’s keto-friendly, gluten-free, and can easily be made dairy-free. For another healthy keto dinner idea, try Keto Shrimp Scampi With Zucchini Noodles.
- You can serve leftover air fried salmon on salads or a bowl for lunch the next day.
- This homemade everything bagel seasoning can be seasoned exactly how you like it, and used on everything from avocado toast to roasted vegetables!
What Goes Into This Recipe
Here are the ingredients for this simple air fryer salmon recipe:
- Salmon filets. Leave the skin on for added healthy fats and extra flavor.
- Mayonnaise. This helps infuse the fish with flavor and adheres the everything bagel seasoning to the fillets.
- Dijon mustard. This adds a bit of tang.
To make the best homemade everything bagel spice blend, you’ll need:
- White sesame seeds
- Black sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
- Garlic flakes
- Dried onion flakes
- Sea salt. Choose big, flaky sea salt.
Here are a few simple swaps if you don’t have all of the ingredients for this crispy salmon in air fryer:
- You can replace the mayo with its vegan version if you want to keep this salmon dairy-free.
- It’s easy to replace dijon mustard with yellow or spicy mustard.
How to Make This Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
Follow these steps to make the best air fryer salmon with everything bagel seasoning:
First, be sure to remove the salmon filets from the fridge 20 minutes before you start cooking. This allows them to reach room temp, so they cook evenly.
Meanwhile, prepare the homemade everything but bagel spice blend. In a small jar, add all of the ingredients for the homemade everything but bagel spice blend and shake to combine.
When you’re ready to prepare the salmon, combine the mayonnaise with mustard in a small bowl. Coat each salmon filet evenly with the mixture. Then sprinkle with the spice blend, pressing gently on top of the salmon to adhere.
Then preheat your air fryer to 390°F/200°C. Air fry the salmon for 9-10 minutes, or just until it flakes easily with a fork.
Air fry the salmon for 9-10 minutes, or just until it flakes easily with a fork. The cooking time may vary slightly, depending on the thickness of your filets.
I cook this salmon at 390°F/200°C
The best coating is the homemade everything but the bagel seasoning blend. It’s like a crispy umami coating!
Yes, just make sure to thaw the salmon before. Transfer the frozen salmon from the freezer to the fridge the night before to thaw.
A faster method to defrost the salmon is to submerge it in water. Fill a large bowl with cold water. Place the frozen salmon fillets in the bowl with cold water. Leave them in there for 45 minutes to 1 hour to defrost.
Keep these tips in mind when making this crispy salmon in air fryer:
- Make sure you preheat your air fryer for 4-5 minutes before adding the salmon. This will help the salmon cook evenly.
- It’s best to make your own everything but the bagel seasoning because I find the store-bought one too salty to use as a coating.
More Easy Salmon Recipes
- Creamy Garlic Butter Salmon (Keto Recipe)
- Easy Salmon Patties Recipe 2-Ways (Keto | Gluten-Free | Paleo | Whole30)
- Seared Salmon Avocado Salad – Paleo/Whole30/Keto Recipe
If you made this easy air fryer salmon recipe, let me know how you like it in the Comments below, Rate It, and make sure you Share It with your friends and family. And if you want to see more recipe videos like it, follow me on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. For weekly updates, be sure to Sign Up for my Email List.
Air Fryer Salmon with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 Air fryer
- 1 Shallow bowl
- 4 skin-on salmon filets - around 5oz/140g each
- 2 tbsp (30ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Homemade Everything But the Bagel Spice Blend:
- 3 tsp white sesame seeds
- 3 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp dried garlic flakes
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Remove the salmon filets from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking, to allow them to reach room temp. This will ensure even cooking.
- Meanwhile, lets prepare a homemade everything but bagel spice blend. In a small jar, add the ingredients for the homemade everything but bagel spice blend and shake to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with mustard.
- Coat your salmon filets evenly with the mayo-mustard mixture. Sprinkle with the spice blend, gently pressing on top of the salmon to adhere.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F/200°C.
- Air fry the salmon for 9-10 minutes, or just until it flakes easily with a fork.
- For even cooking, it’s important to let your air fryer come up to temperature before you add the salmon fillets.
- You won’t need to flip or toss the salmon in your air fryer for this recipe, which will ruin the crispy topping.
- This crispy salmon in air fryer is delicious served hot, but you can also store it in an airtight container for up to two days.
- If you’re in a pinch, you can use store-bought everything bagel seasoning. I find it’s a bit saltier than the homemade version.
- Store leftover everything bagel seasoning in an airtight container for up to three months.
*This post may contain affiliate links