This cheesy chicken fritters recipe takes just 30 minutes to make, so it’s super easy and also perfect for the Keto diet.
Today I will show you how to make chicken fritters with mozzarella, a super delish recipe that’s also perfect for the Ketogenic diet.
Apart from being a great Keto recipe, the cheesy chicken fritters are also perfect for meal planning, as I will explain in the Tips & Tricks below.
But before that, does everybody know what the Keto diet is all about?
If you do, you can skip to the next section to see my useful Tips & Tricks.
If you don’t know what a Keto diet is, well, let’s bring everybody on the same page, shall we?!
What is the Keto Diet?
A Keto diet (a.k.a Ketogenic diet) is a low-carb, high-fat diet with many proven benefits, especially for weight-loss, health, and overall body and mind performance.
This diet excludes carbs almost entirely and replaces them with fat. By doing that, it changes the metabolic process of the body replacing the fuel it needs to function.
The name comes from the words ‘Ketosis’ and ‘Ketones’.
Ketosis is the metabolic state in which the body goes when you reduce the carbohydrate intake.
Ketones are particles produces by the liver out of fat.
So when you cut down the carbs in your diet your body goes into ketosis and starts burning fat, producing ketones as a result. It burns fat instead of carbs to produce the needed energy.
That’s the reason why the Keto diet is so effective for weight-loss.
Now, you might wonder what should one eat on a Keto Diet.
Well, I’ve got some good news about that… This diet is not as restrictive as one might think.
What foods are allowed on the keto diet
Here is a list of Keto foods and I’m sure you’ll find it quite relaxed:
- Meats: beef, poultry, fish, seafood etc
- Dairy: Cheese, butter
- Veggies that grow above ground: broccoli, tomatoes, cauliflower etc
- Low-carb sweeteners: stevia, monk fruit, stevia, erythritol
- Nuts and seeds
- Natural fats: olive oil, coconut oil, avocado etc
And here’s a list of foods to avoid under a Keto diet:
- Fruits: Apples, Bananas, etc
- Sugar: chocolate, honey, maple syrup, candies, donuts
- Grains or products made of grains: pasta, bread, corn, rice, cereal, wheat etc.
- Beans or legumes: Peas, beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
- Root vegetables: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc.
As you can see, the list of Keto foods is not as restrictive as in other diets and my cheesy chicken fritters recipe proves that they can also be delicious.
I know I probably spent a bit more time on this subject than I should have since our main topic is how to make chicken fritters, but you know me already. I tend to get carried away by topics I am fond of.
And now let’s get to another part that I am quite fond of…
How to make chicken fritters – Best Tips & Tricks
1. How to prepare the mixture for chicken fritters
As you will see in other recipes, there are many ways of preparing the mixture for the cheesy chicken fritters. But I wanted to make them Ketogenic so I had to stick within the rules and use only approved ingredients.
The first thing to keep in mind is that you need to chop the chicken in very small pieces. Then, add eggs, almond flour, and shredded mozzarella. This will make the mixture hold together nicely.
Next, you need to add the flavorings such as fresh chopped herbs, dried herbs, garlic, chili, salt & pepper, or any other seasonings of your choice.
Mix everything well, then you can either make them right away or refrigerate the mix until you’re ready to cook them. You can even refrigerate the meat mixture overnight, so if you have a special occasion the next day, like a potluck, for instance, you can prepare it the night before and cook the fritters just before guests arrive.
Now that you know how to make the mixture for chicken fritters, let’s see how you can adapt this recipe to your taste.
2. Adapt this easy chicken fritters recipe to your taste
I made these cheesy chicken fritters with mozzarella, but you can replace it with any shredded cheese. It’s worth noting here that the cheese should be a melty one (like cheddar, gouda or provolone) to hold the mixture together.
As for the seasonings in these cheesy chicken fritters, the sky is the limit. Actually, it’s your taste buds and the ingredients available but you get the point.
You can use any of your favorites and here are a few good ideas:
- dried oregano
- Italian mix
- smoked paprika
- ground cumin
Furthermore, you can replace the chicken with turkey and you can use ground meat or chopped skinless breast or thighs.
You should now have a better idea of what ingredients can be replaced in this easy chicken fritters recipe. Of course, if there’s anything that I haven’t covered here, don’t hesitate to pop a question in the comments below or on social media.
Now let’s see how you can use this easy chicken fritters recipe for meal planning.
3. This easy chicken fritters recipe is perfect for meal planning
You can place the cheesy chicken fritters in airtight containers and refrigerate them for up to 5 days. There’s one very important thing to note here.
If you plan to serve them with a side dish, like greens or chopped salad, or with some sort of dressing, don’t mix them together until just before serving.
And now let’s see what you can serve with them.
4. What to serve with cheesy chicken fritters
Here are a few Keto sides that go perfectly with cheesy chicken fritters:
- Roasted cauliflower
- Roasted aubergines
- Green salad
- Chopped salad
- Grilled or roasted non-starchy veggies
If dieting is not for you, then here are a few good ideas:
- Vegan Thai Rice Salad
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- Vegan Chopped Salad With Quinoa
- Vegan Couscous Salad With Roasted Veggies
Now let’s wrap things up, as I am sure you know by now how to make chicken fritters easy and Keto.
It is time to make this easy chicken fritters recipe, then take a few snaps, post them on Instagram and tag me with @theblondelish.
And don’t forget. If you need advice to make this easy chicken fritters recipe just drop me a line in the comments or on social media.
Also, if you liked this recipe video and want to see more like it, please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Cheesy Chicken Fritters Recipe
- 1.5 lb (700g) skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil - finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chives - chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley - chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- a pinch of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper - or to taste
- 1 Tbps olive oil - or more to fry
- Into the large bowl, stir in almond flour, eggs, mozzarella, basil, chives, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 6-8 minutes. Keep in mind that you need to cook them at medium-low temp, otherwise they will burn on the outside but won't get well cooked on the inside.
Serve with your favorite dip and enjoy!
- You can replace the cheese with any shredded melty cheese like cheddar, gouda or provolone.
- Use any of your favorite seasonings and here are a few good ideas: dried oregano, Italian mix, smoked paprika, chili, ground cumin.
- You can replace the chicken with turkey. See more on how to adapt this easy chicken fritters recipe at Tip #2.
- For meal planning, you can place the cheesy chicken fritters in airtight containers and refrigerate them for up to 5 days. Just remember to keep them separate from any side dish, dressing or sauce until you're ready to serve them. (See Tip #3)
- See Tip #4 for side dish ideas.
*This post may contain affiliate links