This baked jalapeno poppers recipe is Keto and you can make it in just half an hour. These are excellent as appetizers, lunch or dinner and best of all they’re stuffed with cream cheese and smoked bacon. Ok, my mouth is literally watering right now.
Today I’m going to show you how to make the best appetizers ever. And one of the best things about them is that you can also serve them as a main because they’re quite filling and super delish.
I’m talking about Keto stuffed jalapenos with cream cheese and bacon… mmm… that crispy smoked delicious bacon. Yes, my mouth is watering as I’m writing these lines.
These Keto stuffed jalapeno peppers are excellent for parties, family get-togethers, game nights or Netflix nights. Really, I tried them on all these occasions so I can vouch for this out of my own experience.
Well, I might be a little biased ’cause I like’em so much and I always have a tendency to overeat my favorite foods… but you get the point.
Other favorite recipes:
- Chipotle Chicken Bowl With Cauliflower Rice
- Cheesy Zucchini Fritters With Spicy Ranch Dip
- Creamy Italian Chicken in Tomato Sauce
And as usual, I want to help you make the best of my recipes so I put together a list of super useful tips and tricks. These will surely help you make the best cream cheese jalapeno poppers recipe.
So in the next sections of this article, I’m going to tell you some very interesting things about these baked jalapeno poppers.
I’ll tell you which is the best cheese for stuffed jalapenos, how to stuff and cook them, what to serve with jalapeno poppers and which ingredients can be changed in this baked jalapeno poppers recipe.
So let’s dive in…
How to make baked jalapeno poppers – Best Tips & Tricks
1. Which is the best cheese for stuffed jalapenos
The best cheese for stuffed jalapenos is usually cream cheese combined with some other kind of cheese that melts well. And here are some good examples:
- Fontina, Gouda, Asiago, Provolone, Mozzarella, Gruyere or Cheddar.
Out of these, Mozzarella and Cheddar are some of the most popular and accessible so I would say that these are the best cheeses for stuffed jalapenos.
I like to mix cream cheese with shredded sharp Cheddar to get the best flavor. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Now let’s move on and see what’s the best way to cook jalapeno peppers.
2. Best way to cook jalapeno peppers
There are two best ways to cook jalapeno peppers and the good news is that they’re both very easy.
The first method is the one I used so there’s no need to get into it here. Just follow the baked jalapeno poppers recipe and video below and that’s it.
The second alternative is to deep-fry them. This method is not as healthy as the first because it involves frying in oil but admittedly, it can yield some very tasty cream cheese stuffed jalapenos. And it’s also not Keto.
And here’s the process:
- Prepare 3 bowls; one with milk, another with flour and the third one with breadcrumbs.
- Cut and stuff the peppers as in the recipe, then put the stuffed halves back together to form the whole peppers again.
- Dip them into each bowl to create a coating, then deep fry them for about 2-3 minutes each, until golden brown.
- Remove and let them drain on a paper towel.
Now that you know both methods, tell me, which one do you think is the best way to cook jalapeno peppers?
3. Best way to stuff jalapenos
Start by cutting the peppers in half (lengthways), remove the stems and deseed them. Then add about half a tablespoon of cheese filling.
Another way to stuff jalapenos would be to cut a slit with a paring knife (lengthways), remove the seeds and leave the stems as they are. Careful not to cut all the way through as we want to keep the peppers whole.
Stuff the filling through the pocket you just made, then bake or fry them.
So, which one do you think is the easiest and best way to stuff jalapenos?
4. Which ingredients can be changed in this Keto stuffed jalapeno peppers recipe
To make the best cream cheese stuffed jalapenos, you gotta use your favorite ingredients. At least that’s what I do. I get my inspiration from others, but I always adjust the recipes to my taste.
So you can start by adding your favorite melty cheese, like mozzarella, gouda or Monterey jack.
Then you can change the seasonings with your favorites and you can add fresh chopped herbs like parsley or oregano, instead of chives.
If you want to make these cheese stuffed jalapenos vegetarian, just remove the bacon.
And that’s how you make the best cream cheese stuffed jalapenos poppers… by personalizing them.
5. What to serve with cream cheese stuffed jalapenos
As I told you before, cream cheese stuffed jalapenos poppers are great for most kinds of parties, so they make the perfect snacks. There’s no need to add anything here. Except maybe some ice cream if it’s Netflix night. You can’t call it a Netflix night without ice cream.
And that’s about it, foodies.
Oh, actually I do have one last tip for you. It may seem obvious and insignificant but it’s very important and people often forget about it (including me).
When making this Keto stuffed jalapeno peppers recipe you must use kitchen gloves, especially when deseeding the peppers. Otherwise, you might touch your face or eyes unknowingly and that’s gonna hurt.
Trust me, I’ve learned this the hard way. So don’t forget about gloves, ok?
And if you like this baked Jalapeno poppers recipe video and want to see more like it, please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Baked Jalapeno Poppers Recipe - Easy Keto Recipe
- 12 large jalapeños
- 12 oz. (340g) cream cheese - room temp
- 8 oz. (225g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. (225g) bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and pepper - to taste
- Prepare the jalapeños: using a paring knife cut each one in half, lengthwise. Carefully cut the ribs, then deseed and discard. Place the jalapeño halves on the prepared baking tray, cut side up.
- In a mixing bowl add cream cheese, shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, chives, garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Stuff each jalapeño with the cheese mixture, then place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are tender and golden on tops.
- Sprinkle with chives if desired and enjoy while hot!
- Some of the best and most popular cheeses for this recipe are Mozzarella and Cheddar. See Tip #1 for other types of melty cheese that would go well in this Keto stuffed jalapeno peppers recipe.
- You can bake the cream cheese stuffed jalapenos in the oven, as I did, or you can deep fry them. See how at Tip #2.
- See how to stuff the peppers at Tip #3.
- If you want to change any ingredients in this recipe, check out Tip #4.
- You can serve these cream cheese jalapeno poppers with light salads or salsa. See my recommendations at Tip #5.
- Don't forget to use gloves when making these Keto stuffed jalapenos with cream cheese and bacon, especially when deseeding the peppers.
*This post may contain affiliate links