This is the best Keto Cauliflower Lasagna recipe with a rich meaty red sauce and a creamy, cheesy white sauce that’s hard to believe it’s low-carb!
Why This Recipe Works
It’s hard to beat an easy lasagna recipe that’s low-carb, beefy, and cheesy. Here’s why we love it:
- The lasagna swaps heavy pasta noodles for cauliflower, making it light and keto-friendly, just like our Air Fryer Bang Bang Cauliflower.
- The recipe has a quick 15-minute hands-on prep time, so you can toss it together and let the oven do the work.
- It’s delicious alongside a light and fresh green side dish, such as our Cold Green Bean Salad.
- You can make a big batch at the start of the week and enjoy lasagna for meal prep all week long, it reheats beautifully.
What Goes Into this Easy Lasagna Recipe
Here’s what you need for this low-carb beef lasagna recipe:
- Cauliflower. You can use two smaller heads, or a large one cut into florets.
- Beef stock. You can use homemade or buy your stock, just look for lower-sodium for better flavor.
- Mozzarella cheese. In a pinch, buy pre-shredded cheese to save time.
- Parsley. This adds a wonderful freshness to the dish.
- Olive oil to brown the beef.
- Ground beef. I used lean ground beef with 20% fat.
- Onion and garlic. For a nice flavor base to your meat sauce.
- Crushed tomatoes. You could use canned diced tomatoes as well.
- Italian seasoning. If you don’t have a pre-mixed blend, you can make your own with basil, oregano, parsley, and marjoram.
- Salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Butter. We recommend using unsalted butter.
- Cream cheese. Full-fat cream cheese or mascarpone both work here.
- Heavy cream. Be sure to use the full-fat cream for the best flavor!
If you don’t have every ingredient listed above, no worries. Try these easy swaps for your own rendition of the best keto lasagna recipe:
- You can swap the cauliflower for sliced zucchini or eggplant. If you do, there’s no need to add the stock, as these vegetables release enough water for this low-carb beef lasagna recipe.
- Swap the white sauce for store-bought bechamel or alfredo if you need a quick fix.
- You can swap the cream cheese in the white sauce for ricotta or mascarpone to make the best keto lasagna recipe.
How to Make the Best Keto Lasagna Recipe
To start making this easy lasagna recipe, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add in the ground beef, diced onion, and garlic.
Cook everything, stirring to break the meat up into small pieces as it cooks.
When the meat is cooked through, add the broth and tomatoes. Bring this to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and return it to a simmer.
Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes, until the flavors are well developed, stirring occasionally.
While the beef sauce cooks, make the white sauce by heating the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
Add the cream cheese and heavy cream. Stir the white sauce until the butter is fully melted and the sauce is smooth. Stir in the mozzarella and continue to stir until the cheese is fully melted and the sauce is smooth.
Now you’re ready to assemble your keto cauliflower lasagna. To do so, spread half of the beef sauce on the bottom of a lasagna dish. Add a layer of cauliflower over the sauce. Then pour in the white sauce.
Repeat each layer one more time, then pour in the beef broth. Sprinkle the top of the dish with mozzarella cheese.
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake the lasagna for about an hour, or until the cauliflower is tender. Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle a bit of parsley on top before serving.
It’s a low-carb version of a normal lasagna, same great taste, low in carbs and high in fats. Instead of pasta noodles, you’ll use cauliflower florets.
To reheat leftovers, preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F and bake the refrigerated lasagna for about 15 minutes, or until it’s hot and begins to bubble.
Yes, you can freeze leftovers in single-serving containers for up to 3 months.
I like to store it in an oven-safe glass container. Dividing it up into single servings works best because I can reheat only what’s needed for a meal, and not the whole thing.
Absolutely! You can prepare both sauces in advance. Then slice the cauliflower and assemble the lasagna dish, just after you preheat the oven.
Bake the dish at 450°F/230°C for 1 hour until the cauliflower is tender.
Keep these tips in mind when preparing this low-carb beef lasagna recipe:
- Be sure to slice the cauliflower as thin as possible, and don’t worry about the bits that crumble. You can use those too.
- You can also roast the cauliflower slices. Then simply assemble the lasagna after roasting. The baking time will be shorter since the cauliflower is already tender, so somewhere around 30 minutes should be enough.
- Be sure to cook the beef in the skillet until it’s no longer pink to ensure it’s cooked through.
More Easy Cauliflower Recipes
- Curried Cauliflower Soup
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings – Keto
- Indian Butter Cauliflower (Vegan / Whole30 / Paleo Recipe)
If you made this keto cauliflower lasagna recipe, let me know how you like it in the Comments below, Rate It, and make sure you Share It with your friends and family. And if you want to see more recipe videos like it, follow me on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. For weekly updates, be sure to Sign Up for my Email List.
Keto Cauliflower Lasagna
- 2 small head cauliflower - or 1 medium, cut into 1/2-inch (1.5cm) slices
- 1/4 cup (60ml) beef stock
- 1 cup (112g) mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 2 tbsp (2g) parsley - minced
For the beef sauce:
- 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 12 oz (340g) lean ground beef - 20% fat
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - pressed
- 24 oz (680g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and ground pepper - to taste
For the white sauce:
- 1 stick (115g) butter
- 8 oz (225g) full-fat cream cheese - or mascarpone
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
- 2 cups (224g) mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and add in the ground beef, onion and garlic. Saute, mincing the meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Once the meat is no longer pink, stir in the crushed tomatoes and seasonings.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Meanwhile, let's make the white sauce. Place a saucepan over low heat and add in the butter, cream cheese, and heavy cream. Stir continuously until the butter is melted and the ingredients are combined.
- Add the grated mozzarella and continue to stir until it’s fully melted and the sauce is smooth.
To assemble the lasagne:
- Spread half of the meat sauce in a lasagne dish.
- Add a layer of cauliflower, then half of the white sauce.
- Repeat the layers 1 more time.
- Pour in the broth.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake in the oven for about 1 hour, or until the cauliflower is tender and the sauce is bubbly.
- Finish off with a sprinkle of parsley and cool for a bit before serving.
- You can swap the cauliflower for another vegetable if you prefer, such as zucchini, eggplant, or broccoli. If you make the swap, don’t add the stock as these will release enough water.
- It’s important to slice the cauliflower very thinly so that it cooks all the way through in the oven.
- You can swap the white sauce for store-bought bechamel, and the cream cheese in the white sauce for ricotta or mascarpone.
- I like to serve this low-carb beef lasagna with keto bread or a fresh salad.
- You can freeze leftovers, divided into single-serving, airtight containers, for up to three months.
- Let the frozen servings defrost overnight in the fridge, then reheat them in the stove, microwave, or air fryer to serve.
*This post may contain affiliate links