This Low Carb Keto Bread Recipe is made with almond flour and shredded cheddar cheese for a savory, fluffy and delicious loaf bread to toast, use for sandwiches and much more.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been craving bread lately. But since I don’t want to fill up on empty carbs, I decided to combine two of my favorite things: bread and cheese into one wonderful low-carb delight.
This bread recipe is savory, full of melty cheese and naturally keto-friendly, gluten-free and grain-free. I know you’ll love it as much as I do. Before we get to the recipe, be sure to read my best tips and tricks to help make this keto almond flour bread recipe come out perfectly.
Best Tips & Tricks For This Easy Keto Bread Recipe
1. Which ingredients can be changed in this low-carb bread recipe?
There are a few simple swaps to make this bread if you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand.
First, you can easily swap the almond flour for cashew flour. I actually find it delicious and a bit sweeter than almond flour. In addition, you can sub sour cream for full-fat Greek yogurt
If you don’t have shredded cheddar cheese, another melty cheese like Colby, edam, mozzarella, or gouda will all be delicious in this keto cheese bread recipe.
2. How to make this keto cheese bread fluffy?
The best part about this loaf bread is how light, airy and fluffy it is. To ensure that your no carb bread comes out as fluffy as possible follow these steps:
- First, ensure that you thoroughly mix the wet and dry ingredients separately.
- Then, you add the wet mixture to the dry, only mix just until everything is just combined into a dough. Do not over mix, or your bread may come out dense.
- Finally, gently fold in the shredded cheese.
3. What to serve with keto almond flour bread?
Oh, the unlimited possibilities! I love to enjoy a slice of warm cheesy keto bread smothered with butter and sprinkled with smoked Maldon salt flakes for a quick snack or breakfast.
It’s also great in sandwiches. Have it with ham and cheese, maybe add a poached or fried egg on top. You can make a delicious keto grilled cheese with this bread (double the cheese!). Or, serve it as a breakfast sandwich with crispy bacon and eggs.
4. Is Keto Cheese Bread Gluten-Free?
Yes! This savory keto almond flour bread recipe is naturally:
That wraps it up for me today, dear Foodies. It’s time to tie on your apron and start baking some delicious, fluffy low-carb bread.
And if you love this easy keto bread recipe video and want to see more like it, please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- Keto Chocolate Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Philly Cheese Steak Zucchini Boats (Keto Recipe)
- Keto Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (Gluten-Free & Low Carb Recipe)
- Keto Cauliflower Wings
Low Carb Keto Bread Recipe With Almond Flour And Cheese
- 2 1/4 cups (220g) almond flour
- 3 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 1/4 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 cup (180ml) full-fat sour cream
- 6 tbsp (82g) butter, melted
- 3 large eggs - or 4 small
- 1 1/2 cups (170g) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 300°F/150°C and grease the inside of a loaf pan with a bit of butter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the sour cream, melted butter and eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the almond flour and mix well to combine.
- Add the shredded cheese and gently fold into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to a loaf pan and sprinkle some cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the bread to completely cool.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- For the ingredients to swap, see Tip #1.
- If you want to make sure your low carb bread is extra-fluffy, read Tip #2.
- Tip #3 is all about what to serve with this almond flour bread.
- If you're gluten-free, read Tip #4 for how diet-friendly this Keto cheese bread recipe is.
*This post may contain affiliate links