This curried cauliflower soup recipe takes just 30 minutes to make. It’s a super easy Paleo recipe, vegan, and with just a simple tweak it’s also Whole30.
If you landed on this page it probably means that you were looking for easy cauliflower recipes or paleo soup recipes. And I’ve got some good news for you…
Your search is over. Why?
Because today I’m going to show you how to make cauliflower soup with coconut milk.
This easy cauliflower soup recipe is Paleo and if you read my tips and tricks below, I’m going to show you how to make it Whole30 as well.
And that’s not all…
This Paleo cauliflower soup is also vegan. So it’s loaded with many healthy features.
More soup recipes:
Furthermore, I’m going to explain you how to make it creamy, how to thicken it, what to serve with it and much more. So stick around to find out how to make the best curried cauliflower soup ever.
Now, if you don’t know what Paleo and Whole30 are, check out this Paleo Diet Beginner’s Guide put together by Healthline, and this Beginner’s Guide to Whole30 by Greatist.com
And don’t worry, you don’t have to stick to a certain diet to serve this curried cauliflower soup with coconut milk. It’s very popular among all kinds of foodies.
So let’s get the ball rolling, shall we?!
How to make cauliflower soup with coconut milk – Best Tips & Tricks
1. How to make cauliflower soup creamy
To make it creamy, first you need to cook the cauliflower in broth until it gets really tender. This should take about 15-20 minutes. Then, remove it from heat and stir in coconut milk.
Next, using a hand blender, process everything until well combined and creamy. You can also use a Vitamix or any other stand blender but you might have to work in batches because you’re probably not going to be able to fit everything in one go.
Coconut milk plays an important role in making this soup creamy. I used full-fat canned coconut milk and I recommend you do the same. Canned coconut milk is less processed and inherently more healthy.
2. How to thicken cauliflower soup
This curried cauliflower soup thickens after you process it with the blender. The secret is not to add too much broth when simmering the cauliflower.
I found that for a large cauliflower head (about 2Lbs/1Kg) 3 cups of broth is enough. Even if the broth doesn’t cover the cauliflower in the pot, it will cook and make it tender.
You just have to reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Don’t forget that in the next step you’re going to add coconut milk which will increase the liquid level.
3. What goes into cauliflower soup
You will find many recipes with different ingredients but my curried cauliflower soup recipe includes some of the best immunity boosting ingredients like garlic, turmeric, ginger and broth.
Furthermore, I made this healthy cauliflower soup with coconut milk to make it creamy, and curry blend and harissa paste to enhance the flavor.
4. What spices go with cauliflower soup
I made this vegan cauliflower soup with spices often used in curries because I love bold Indian flavors.
But there are many other spices that you can use. For instance, you can make it Mediterranean style with olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic and sun dried tomatoes.
Or, you can make this easy cauliflower soup with smoked paprika and roasted garlic.
5. What to serve with curried cauliflower soup
You can serve this vegan cauliflower soup with a fresh Thai salad or if you are a foodie who loves meat protein, you can serve it with a steak and a greens salad.
Thinking about it, I could have this soup with some cheesy chicken fritters right now. Maybe I’d even dip them in it. I mean, why not? everything is possible in Foodiesland 🙂
6. How to make this easy cauliflower soup recipe Whole30
This easy cauliflower soup recipe is also perfect for the Whole30 diet because I used coconut milk without additives, sweeteners or sulfates.
Potassium metabisulfate is a common ingredient in canned coconut milk that is not compliant with the Whole30 diet.
So make sure you read well the ingredient list when you buy coconut milk!
Lastly, there’s one more tip I’d like to share with you.
You can also make this vegan cauliflower soup with roasted cauliflower. It is as tasty as this one, but it will take more time to make.
You would have to roast it first and then simmer it as in the recipe.
And that’s it for today foodies. Those were all the tricks you needed to know to make this easy cauliflower soup recipe.
Now don’t forget! After you make it, snap a few shots and post them on Instagram using the tag @theblondelish.
And if you like this Paleo cauliflower soup recipe video and want to see more like it, please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Curried Cauliflower Soup With Coconut Milk Recipe
- 2 lb (1kg) large head cauliflower - broken into florets
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large sweet onion - diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves - pressed or minced
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp curry blend
- 1 piece of ginger - 2inch (5cm) long, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste or harissa paste
- 3 cups low sodium veggie broth
- 1 can (14oz/414g) coconut milk
- Sea salt and pepper - to your taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 red chili - sliced to garnish
- lime slices - to garnish
- Melt coconut oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add in garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, curry, and harissa/curry paste, then cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add in the cauliflower and broth, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Stir in the coconut milk, then remove from heat. Using a hand blender, process until it reaches a thick creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle chili, fresh chopped cilantro and garnish with a few slices of lime. This soup is best served hot.
- To make the vegan cauliflower soup creamy, make it with canned coconut milk and simmer the cauliflower in broth until it gets really tender. See more at Tip #1.
- To thicken the Paleo cauliflower soup, make sure you don't add too much broth when simmering the cauliflower. For a large cauliflower head (about 2Lbs/1Kg) 3 cups of broth are enough. See more at Tip #2.
- This paleo cauliflower soup recipe has many immunity-boosting ingredients like garlic, turmeric and ginger.
- You can use other spices, like Italian seasoning, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, smoked paprika, or roasted garlic. See more at Tip #4.
- You can serve this healthy cauliflower soup with a Thai salad. See more at Tip #5.
- To make it Whole30, make sure the coconut milk doesn't contain sulfates, sweeteners or additives.
- You can make it with roasted cauliflower, but this will add up to the cooking time.
*This post may contain affiliate links