This easy chipotle chicken bowl recipe is Paleo, Whole30, takes just 35 minutes to make, and it includes a super easy and flavorful chipotle chicken marinade.
Today I am going to show you how to make a chipotle chicken bowl with cauliflower rice. This recipe is really easy and super flavorful, just perfect if you’re cooking for a hungry crowd.
Furthermore, I’m going to show you how to marinate and season the chicken, what to serve with it, how to make chipotle sauce and which ingredients can be changed in this easy chipotle chicken bowl recipe.
So without further ado, let’s get into it as I am so excited to show you how to make a chipotle chicken bowl, and then gobble everything up 🙂
How to make chipotle chicken bowl with cauliflower rice
1. Start with the marinade
This step is optional but highly recommended because it enhances flavor incredibly.
And best of all, this easy chipotle chicken marinade goes perfectly with any meat, fish, seafood or even veggies.
All you have to do is mix the ingredients and coat them well with the marinade. If you’re marinating veggies, just coat the ingredients and cook straight away.
If you’re using this marinade for fish or seafood, you’ll have to let the ingredients soak in the marinade for about 30 minutes up to 1 hour, to incorporate the flavor.
And if you’re marinating meat such as chicken, turkey, beef or pork, it’s best to leave it in the fridge for anything between 2 hours and overnight.
I usually leave it overnight and I think this is the best flavor-enhancing process for any meat and it also makes it super tender.
And don’t just take my word for it. Chipotle does that with their chicken as well, so we’d better trust the pros, right?
Actually, I think it’s the marinade that makes the best chipotle chicken bowl.
2. How to make chipotle lime and honey chicken marinade
The easy chipotle chicken marinade remains basically the same, you’d only have to add juice and zest from one lime. I would also recommend you to add a tablespoon of honey to balance the flavors, but keep in mind that it won’t be diet-friendly anymore.
You could also try it with 2 tablespoons of honey which will make it similar to a sweet chili flavor, but with a nice smoky touch from the dried smoked chipotles in adobo sauce.
3. How to make chipotle sauce for chicken
To make the sauce, place all marinade ingredients, except the oil, into a blender. Then add about 3/4 cup of ketchup, about 1 Tbsp cider vinegar, honey and Worcestershire sauce, and blend.
This sauce is amazing with meats and veggies and I’m sure you’ll fell in love with it.
4. Which ingredients can be changed in this easy chipotle chicken bowl recipe
Well, let’s start with the chipotle marinade, a.k.a the star of this recipe. You can make it without the peppers in adobo sauce and instead, add 2 teaspoons of chipotle chili powder and about 1/3 cup of tomato sauce. The rest of the ingredients can stay the same as they’re pretty easy to find in any grocery store.
You can make this recipe with chicken, beef, pork or fish.
Furthermore, you can replace the cauliflower rice with your favorite side dish or with brown or plain rice. Bear in mind that these last two are not diet-friendly.
5. What to serve with chipotle chicken
You can serve it in tortillas or in bowls, salads, burritos, tacos or enchiladas and additional toppings as desired.
And here are a few salad ideas that you could try with it:
6. Tips for cooking the chicken
Slow Cooker: Add the cubed chicken together with the marinade into your slow cooker. Add about 1/2 cup of water or broth and cook on high for 2.5 hours or on low for 5 hours.
Stovetop: Cook the chicken cubes, as in the recipe, in a large non-stick pan on the stovetop until they’re cooked through.
Oven Baked: Layer the marinated chicken cubes on a baking tray, with some space between them, and roast at 400°F / 200°C for 15-20 minutes.
Grilled: Pound the chicken breast to an even thickness and marinate it. Then grill it on an outdoor grill or skillet grill until nicely charred and cooked through. If you stick a meat thermometer in the middle it should read 165F/75C.
That’s it for today, my dear foodies. You’re now armed with the best tip and tricks so you surely know how to make a chipotle chicken bowl with cauliflower rice.
So let’s get to the fun part, shall we?!
And if you like this easy chipotle chicken bowl recipe video and want to see more like it, please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Chipotle Chicken Bowl With Cauliflower Rice
For the chipotle chicken:
- 4-5 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1-2 garlic cloves - minced or pressed
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 1/2 lb (700g) boneless skinless chicken - cut into bite-sized pieces
For the chipotle veggies:
- 1 large onion - thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper - thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
For the cauliflower rice:
- 1 medium cauliflower head - grated
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper - to taste
- guacamole or sliced avocados, thinly sliced jalapeños, fresh chopped cilantro/parsley, lime wedges, sour cream, etc.
To marinate the chicken:
- Add about 3/4 of the marinade over the chicken and mix to combine. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (overnight is best). Don't forget: When you are ready to cook the chicken, remove it from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking.
To make the veggies:
To cook the chicken:
- Add a drizzle of oil to the same heated pan and cook the chipotle chicken, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and nicely browned. Set aside on a plate.
To make the cauliflower rice:
- Keep the heat on medium and add olive or avocado oil into the same pan.
- Add the riced cauliflower and sprinkle with salt, seasonings and lime juice. Stir-fry for about 4-5 minutes, or until golden and tender.
To assemble the bowl:
- Add the cauliflower rice into your favorite bowl, then the chipotle chicken, peppers and onions. Top with avocado, lime juice and any other toppings you might like.
- It's highly recommended to marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours before cooking. This will take the flavor to a whole new level. See more at Tip #1
- The marinade in this recipe works great for most kinds of meat.
- See how to make chipotle sauce for chicken at Tip #3.
- See which ingredients can be changed at Tip #4.
- You can serve this easy chipotle chicken in tortillas, bowls, salads, burritos, tacos or enchiladas. See more at Tip #4.
*This post may contain affiliate links