Ready for a decadent keto dinner of Creamy Garlic Shrimp with Parmesan? This easy one-pan recipe includes plump seared shrimp in a rich and melty parmesan sauce topped with fresh basil.
Do you love shrimp as much as I do? Then you’re in for a treat with today’s recipe. This dish for creamy garlic shrimp coats your favorite shellfish in a decadent, silky parmesan cream sauce. It happens to be keto, gluten-free, and incredibly easy to make!
Before you reach for that skillet, I’m covering all of the best Tips & Tricks to make sure your shrimp come out perfectly.
Wondering if you can swap out any ingredients for the recipe? Or maybe you’re not a fan of shrimp and you’re just here for that cheese sauce! Then you’re in luck – read on for easy protein, herb, and even cheese swaps to turn this easy keto shrimp recipe into your own masterpiece.
Plus, I have a full keto-friendly (or carby) menu to round out the creamy parmesan shrimp. Impress your guests (or just yourself) with a low-carb feast featuring plenty of cheese.
And if this 30-minute recipe isn’t fast enough for you, I even have a killer time-saving trick at the end of the post. Pretty soon you’ll be whipping up cheesy garlic shrimp in no time.
Here are the most important tips to keep in mind for this easy keto shrimp recipe:
Best Tips & Tricks for this Creamy Garlic Shrimp with Parmesan Recipe
1. Ingredient swaps and substitutions for this creamy garlic shrimp recipe
This creamy shrimp recipe has great bones. It’s easy to swap out your favorite protein, herb, or even a different cheese to make use of what’s available.
For starters, you can easily transform this recipe into an easy creamy parmesan chicken, instead of shrimp. Simply chop boneless chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces. Cook the chicken as in the recipe, adding a few minutes to cook the meat all the way through. It should no longer be pink on the inside.
Another fun way to cook this recipe is with grilled chicken. To do so, follow the recipe for creamy parmesan sauce. While your sauce simmers, grill chicken breast or thighs on an outdoor grill* or a grill pan*. Then slice the meat and stir it into your sauce before serving.
When it comes to herbs, have fun experimenting! I love the fresh fragrance of basil, but you can use parsley, oregano, chives – or a mixture!
You can also substitute Parmesan with another melty cheese like mozzarella or pecorino romano. I prefer the deeply savory, umami flavor of high-quality Parmesan, however – there’s nothing like it.
Note: Whatever kind you choose, remember to use only finely grated cheese (as shown in the how-to video), which is necessary for melting evenly into your creamy garlic sauce.
2. What to serve with creamy garlic shrimp with parmesan
This cheesy, garlicky shrimp recipe goes with so many different bases. To keep the meal fully keto, serve creamy shrimp with parmesan over cauliflower rice.
Or, if you’re not avoiding carbs, it’s delicious over tender brown rice or pasta. It’s almost like a shrimp alfredo sauce.
3. How to make this easy Keto shrimp recipe faster: time-saving trick
To make this one-pan recipe even faster, use precooked shrimp. If they’re frozen, thaw them overnight in the fridge or run the shrimp under lukewarm water in the sink for a quick thaw.
To prepare the dish, make the creamy parmesan sauce as written in the recipe. Then simply stir in precooked shrimp and cook for about 1 minute to warm through. Garnish and serve!
More Keto-Friendly Recipes
Can’t get enough cheese? You’re in luck on the keto diet! Here are my favorite cheesy keto-friendly recipes to try next – bonus: most are also gluten-free!
And if you like this Creamy Shrimp Recipe video and want to see more like it, don’t forget to Subscribe to my Youtube Channel. See you there!
Creamy Garlic Shrimp With Parmesan – Easy Keto Recipe
- 2 tbsp oil from jarred sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 lb (700g) raw jumbo shrimp - peeled, deveined with tails on
- 1/2 yellow onion - finely chopped
- 2-3 large garlic cloves - minced
- 2 oz (56g) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes - drained and small chopped
- 1/2 cup (120ml) low-sodium fish or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp crushed chili flakes - or to taste
- 1 cup (100g) fresh grated Parmesan
- sea salt and ground black pepper - to taste
- 1 cup (24g) packed fresh basil leaves - plus more for garnish
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, then sear them in 2 batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until just pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same preheated skillet, add the onion, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Sauté for about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the stock and stir to remove all brown bits stuck on the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a gentle simmer until reduced by half.
- Reduce the heat to a medium-low.
- Add the cream, paprika, and crushed chili flakes to the skillet and stir until a creamy sauce forms.
- Add the Parmesan, stirring until melted into the sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp back to the skillet and reheat for 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve!
- For easy ingredient swaps to make this creamy shrimp recipe your own, see Tip #1.
- Tip #2 includes all of my favorite serving recommendations for keto shrimp in parmesan sauce.
- And for time-saving tricks, head to Tip #3 (if this easy recipe isn't fast enough!)
*This post may contain affiliate links