This is the best gluten-free Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe with fresh or frozen berries and orange juice for a super juicy, sweet and bright-tasting snack or dessert.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This bread is gluten-free but has a moist, soft texture that everyone loves. Just like our Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread With Peanut Butter.
- You can whip up the batter in just 10 minutes! So you have plenty of time to enjoy a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- It’s made with real, fresh cranberries and oranges, so you know every bite is packed with flavor.
- This bread also freezes well, so you can make it ahead of time and serve it for tea or dessert when you have guests over. It also makes a great gift, just like our Gluten-Free Chocolate Cookies.
What Goes Into This Recipe
Here’s what you need for the best cranberry bread:
- Gluten-free flour blend. Use all-purpose gluten-free flour with xanthan gum, if possible. Otherwise, add a teaspoon of xanthan gum.
- Coconut flour. This adds a nice rich texture and flavor.
- Cinnamon. For the classic warming flavor of fall and winter.
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Eggs. This bread gets its moist texture from four whole eggs.
- Honey. You can also use maple syrup, just know that the bread may be darker in color.
- Orange. You’ll be using the zest and juice, so an organic orange is a better bet.
- Coconut oil. For dairy-free bread. You can also use melted butter or vegan melted butter if you prefer.
- Vanilla. Make sure to use pure vanilla, not imitation.
- Cranberries. Fresh or frozen work well. If using frozen, increase the baking time by 5 to 10 minutes.
If you don’t have every ingredient available, here are a few simple ingredient swaps to make the best cranberry bread recipe:
- Swap the orange juice for a half cup of buttermilk or 1 very ripe mashed banana.
- Swap the orange zest for lemon zest.
- You can swap the coconut flour for oat flour.
- If you want to amp up the texture, try some add-ins, such as 1/2 cup dark mini chocolate chips, coarsely chopped walnuts, shelled pistachio, or pecans. Pumpkin seeds work well too.
How to Make This Easy Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe
Follow these steps to make this simple, quick bread:
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F/180°C. Next, spray or lightly grease a standard loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil. Place a large piece of parchment paper into the pan and press it down to stick to the cooking spray.
Next, make the batter by combining the gluten-free flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until they’re smooth. Then add the sweetener, orange zest and juice, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until everything is evenly combined.
Finally, fold in the cranberries. Then pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the bread is golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool the bread on a wire rack for five minutes, then remove it from the pan and cool fully before slicing.
I actually don’t think this bread needs a glaze, it’s naturally sweet but not too sweet. However, if you want the loaf even sweeter, you can make a glaze using 1 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 cup orange juice, whisked until smooth.
I use fresh cranberries because I love their texture. But if you can’t find fresh berries, you can use frozen ones. And there’s no need to thaw them. Just increase the baking time by 5-10 minutes. Dried cranberries will also work, but the texture is a little tougher. You can use them with no change to the recipe.
Yes! To freeze the loaf, let it cool fully. Then slice it and place each slice in ziplock bags and freeze them. Reheat the slices just before serving and serve with a bit of butter. Or, if you’re planning to serve the entire loaf at once, you can wrap the full loaf in several layers of plastic wrap and freeze it for up to six months. Let the loaf thaw overnight on the counter.
I love a slice of bread with a fresh & sweet salad like this delicious strawberry pecan salad. It’s also nice with a mug of tea or coffee, or for dessert.
Keep a few hints in mind when you’re making this easy cranberry orange bread recipe:
- Be sure to double-check the ingredients of your gluten-free flour. If it doesn’t have xanthan gum, then you should add 1 teaspoon to the batter for the best results.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven to ensure your loaf bakes evenly. And for even better results, rotate the loaf pan halfway through the cooking time.
- If you’re using maple syrup, your cranberry bread may have a darker color, though the same awesome taste. I like to use honey to keep a nice golden color.
More Easy Gluten-Free Recipes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies (Vegan | Paleo | Gluten Free)
- Keto Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (Gluten-Free & Low-Carb Recipe)
- Salmon Patties 2-Ways (Keto | Gluten-Free | Paleo | Whole30)
If you made this gluten-free cranberry orange bread recipe, let me know how you like it in the Comments below, Rate It, and make sure you Share It with your friends and family. And if you want to see more recipe videos like it, follow me on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. For weekly updates, be sure to Sign Up for my Email List.
Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Bread
- 1 cup (125g) gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup (70g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch fine salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120ml ) raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 medium organic orange - zest and juice of
- 3 tbsp (45ml) coconut oil - melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (75g) cranberries - fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and lightly grease a loaf pan with a bit of coconut oil. Line with a piece of parchment paper to avoid the loaf from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- In a second bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in the honey or maple syrup, orange zest and juice, coconut oil and vanilla, and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour the egg mixture over the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 min at 350°F/ 180°C, or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow it to cool on a rack before slicing.
- Fresh or frozen cranberries will work for this bread, but if you use frozen, add 5 to 10 minutes to the baking time.
- For an even bake, rotate the loaf pan halfway through baking.
- In addition, it’s best to use the middle rack in your oven for even cooking.
- You’ll be using the zest of the orange, so choose an organic fruit to make the best cranberry bread recipe.
- It’s best to let the bread cool fully out of the pan before you slice it.
*This post may contain affiliate links