This easy and healthy chocolate chip banana bread recipe is perfect for the upcoming holidays. Whether you serve it for breakfast, as a snack or a dessert, everybody will surely love it.
Have you thought about what you’re going to cook for the upcoming holidays?
If you haven’t, then it’s about time especially if you are celebrating Thanksgiving. A real foodie plans his
victories dishes way ahead.
And to help you with that, I came up with this delicious and healthy chocolate chip banana bread recipe.
It’s super easy and it will make a great dessert for a hungry crowd. And it’s also perfect for breakfast or as a snack.
And honestly, it’s not just a holiday dessert. I could have this super moist chocolate chip banana bread any time of the year. But it does go perfect after a whole roasted chicken or turkey.
More holiday recipes:
Now you might wonder why is it so healthy. After all, desserts rarely are. But the reason is that I didn’t use sugar and made it with oatmeal flour. Moreover, you can make it with gluten-free oats flour if needed.
And yes, I know, chocolate has sugar but dark chocolate has very little and this is the type I used. Remember, higher cocoa percentage means lower sugar content so look for that when buying the chocolate.
You know me, I am a healthy foodie up to the tiniest detail … except when it comes to ice cream… or gooey brownies. I just can stay away from those 🙂
Do you want to know another ingredient that I just can’t stay away from? It’s peanut butter.
And for that reason, I made this easy chocolate chip banana bread with peanut butter. I told you I am a chocoholic and a peanut butter-holic.
Without these two ingredients, I just can’t call it a real dessert. And holidays are not the same without real desserts, right?
So today I am going to show you how to make chocolate chip banana bread with peanut butter which is one of the best holiday desserts. How delicious does that sound?
I feel my mouth watering just by writing about it.
And as usual, I will show you a few tricks to help you make the best chocolate chip banana bread ever.
So let’s see…
How To Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread With Peanut Butter – Best Tips & Tricks
1. Use overripe dark spotted bananas.
Do you know the quote ‘in nature nothing is lost, everything is transformed’?
And do you know those overripe bananas that nobody wants and always end up wasted in the bin?
Well, this is where that quote gets a real-life meaning. Believe it or not, overripe bananas are actually the best ones for this healthy chocolate chip banana bread.
That’s where the bread gets its sweetness from and furthermore, they are super healthy. Researchers in Japan conducted studies and found that they have many health benefits.
So don’t let them go to waste! Turn them into a super moist chocolate chip banana bread.
2. How do you know when it’s done?
When you bake the chocolate chip banana bread, remember to check for doneness at about half the baking time specified in the recipe. If it is browned on the outside, but still gooey in the middle, cover it with foil to make both parts cook at the same time.
Testing a banana bread for doneness is pretty easy. Insert a toothpick or a skewer in different places of the loaf starting with the middle. If it comes out clean, it means it’s done.
However, since we’ve made it with chocolate chips it should come out with a few moist crumbs.
3. Don’t overmix the batter.
Many people don’t pay attention to this, but it’s very important if you want to make a super moist chocolate chip banana bread.
Overmixing the batter will make it a bit stiff. So make sure you mix the wet and dry ingredients until well incorporated but no more than that. Nobody likes a stifling cake, right?
4. How to serve this healthy chocolate chip banana bread
This easy chocolate chip banana bread recipe is perfect for breakfast, dessert or as a snack.
If you have it for breakfast, then you must try it with milk or tea. And if you have a sweet tooth, then you gotta spread some apricot jam on it.
Well, that one’s my favorite. If you like another jam more, then go for that.
Banana bread with jam is also great for dessert. Or, you could try it with honey or maple syrup.
Whichever way you choose, one thing’s certain. Everybody will surely love your healthy chocolate chip banana bread. That’s why I think it’s one of the best recipes for the holidays.
So that was everything you needed to know before making this easy chocolate chip banana bread recipe.
Now it’s time to see how you make it. So don’t gobble everything up right after it’s done. Take a shot first, post it on Instagram and tag me @theblondelish.
And if you like this recipe video and want to see more like it, please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread With Peanut Butter
- 4 large ripe bananas - mashed well with a fork
- 2 medium eggs - at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120g) peanut butter - or almond butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil - melted
- 2 cups (180g) oats - gluten-free if needed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 oz (110g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C and lightly spray a 9x5 loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, add bananas and mash with a potato masher or a fork. Add in the eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla and peanut butter, and whisk until well combined.
- In a high-speed blender add the oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, a pinch of salt and blend until it reaches a flour-like consistency.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly. Sprinkle a handful of chips over and oats the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack before slicing.
- use overripe dark spotted bananas
- check if it's done at about half the baking time. If it is browned on the outside, but still gooey in the middle, cover it with foil to make both parts cook at the same time.
- if you want to make super moist chocolate chip banana bread, don't over mix the batter. You need to mix it just enough to incorporate the ingredients, otherwise it will not come out as fluffy and moist
- serve it with milk or tea for breakfast, or with jam, honey or maple syrup for dessert.
*This post may contain affiliate links