This healthy chicken lettuce wraps recipe is Keto, Paleo, Whole30, gluten-free, and it takes just 15 minutes to make.
If you were looking for easy lettuce wraps recipes then you’ve landed in the right place because today I’m going to show you how to make chicken lettuce wraps in just 15 minutes.
And this recipe is not just super easy but also healthy. It’s low carb which makes it perfect if you’re trying to lose weight and it’s also Keto, Paleo, Whole30 and Gluten free.
More Diet Recipes:
- Seared Salmon Avocado Salad (Paleo/Whole30/Keto)
- Greek Chicken With Tzatziki Sauce (Keto)
- Bacon Avocado Greek Salad (Keto)
But most importantly, these healthy chicken lettuce wraps are incredibly tasty and flavorful because I made them with Tahini sauce. That was a real game changer, one that took them from average to frickin’ delicioussss.
Moreover, I have prepared a list of useful tips and tricks which, combined with my delicious Tahini sauce, will surely help you make the best chicken lettuce wraps ever.
But before going to the tips and tricks, I’d like to bring everybody on the same page and explain briefly what a lettuce wrap is. If you’re one of the more experienced foodies who already know what it is, skip over to the tips and tricks in the following section.
So let’s start with the basics.
What is a lettuce wrap
A lettuce wrap is a low carb version of a classic tortilla wrap, but instead of a tortilla, you wrap all ingredients into lettuce. There are many kinds of lettuce wraps some made with veggies only, and others with beef or chicken and veggies.
Out of these, chicken lettuce wraps are my favorites because they are light and fresh like a salad, but at the same time filling and nourishing.
It’s worth noting here that there are 2 ways of making lettuce wraps:
- You can wrap all ingredients in lettuce leaves, as you would with a tortilla.
- You can put all ingredients in lettuce leaves and let them open without wrapping them up, kind of like a lettuce boat.
A third way would be to place all ingredients in a bowl and serve it as a salad. This way, you can even use them for meal prep, but remember to keep the Tahini sauce separately and add it just before serving.
You can store them in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Now let’s see how to make chicken lettuce wraps easy, tasty and flavorful.
How to make chicken lettuce wraps easy – Best Tips & Tricks
1. What is the best lettuce for wraps
You can make these healthy chicken lettuce wraps with any kind of lettuce. And here are some that I tried and recommend:
- Butter lettuce
All these will hold up nicely and make the best chicken lettuce wraps. If you want to be sure that it won’t break and spill the ingredients out, add an extra leaf. But I’ll tell you more about this in the following section.
2. How to wrap a lettuce wrap
Wrapping a chicken lettuce wrap is really easy. Pick large sturdy leaves or stack 2-3 smaller ones on top of each other so they can hold the content firmly without breaking and spilling everything.
Add the desired toppings and start rolling it from one end to another. When you reach the middle, tuck in the sides and continue to wrap until the end.
These healthy chicken lettuce wraps should be served right away, otherwise, they will get soggy. So don’t let them sit for too long.
Now that you know how to wrap a lettuce wrap, let’s see what to serve with them.
3. What to serve with chicken lettuce wraps
Bear in mind that these are not low-carb and if that’s what you’re after then I’d recommend you this creamy cauliflower soup.
4. Which ingredients can be replaced in this easy chicken lettuce wraps recipe
This easy chicken lettuce wraps recipe is quite flexible and what I mean is you can change most of the ingredients according to your taste. For instance, you can replace chicken breast with thighs, turkey or shrimps.
Moreover, you can replace the veggies with your favorites, just make sure that you slice or julienne them thinly.
And here are a few veggies that would go perfectly in this easy chicken lettuce wraps recipe: bell peppers, red onions, beets, radish and celery.
That’s it for today, my dear foodies. By now, I am sure you know how to make chicken lettuce wraps easy and tasty. So let’s get to the fun part, the recipe.
And if you like this easy chicken lettuce wraps recipe video and want to see more like it, please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps With Tahini Sauce (Keto/Paleo/Whole30)
- 1 Lb (450g) chicken breast - skinless, boneless, cut into small cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced into strips
- 1/2 English cucumber - sliced into strips
- 1 medium carrot - cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 small bunch of cilantro
- 2 green onions - thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds - to garnish
- sea salt and pepper - to taste
Tahini Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 garlic cloves - pressed
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice - or juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp cumin powder
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- Add all tahini sauce ingredients, except water, into a mixing jug. Then pour the water little by little, whisking well to combine, until the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Pour 1/3 of the tahini sauce over the chicken and mix well to coat. Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- To assemble the boats, place the lettuce leaves on a platter or wooden board, and top with cooked chicken, carrot, cucumber, avocado, and fresh cilantro. Drizzle the remaining tahini sauce and sprinkle green onions and sesame seeds.Enjoy!
- You can make these healthy chicken lettuce wraps with Romaine, Bibb, Butter lettuce or Iceberg.
- If you don't know how to wrap them, check out Tip #2.
- Serve them with a Thai rice salad, quinoa tabbouleh salad or creamy cauliflower soup.
- You can make them with chicken breast, thighs, turkey or shrimps. Furthermore, you can replace the veggies with your favorites. See more at Tip #4.
*This post may contain affiliate links