This cheesy chicken fritters recipe takes just 30 minutes to make, it’s super easy and Keto-friendly. These fritters are tender and incredibly delish and they’re also known as chicken patties. It’s really one of the best easy chicken recipes.
Today I will show you how to make chicken fritters with mozzarella, a super delish recipe that’s also perfect for the Ketogenic diet.
Apart from being a great Keto recipe, the cheesy chicken fritters are also perfect for meal planning, as I will explain in the Tips & Tricks below.
How to make chicken fritters – Best Tips & Tricks
1. How to prepare the mixture for chicken patties
As you will see in other recipes, there are many ways of preparing the mixture for the cheesy chicken patties. But I wanted to make them Keto so I had to stick within the rules and use only approved ingredients.
The first thing to keep in mind is that you need to chop the chicken into very small pieces. Then, add eggs, almond flour, and shredded mozzarella. This will make the mixture hold together nicely.
Next, you need to add the flavorings such as fresh chopped herbs, dried herbs, garlic, chili, salt & pepper, or any other seasonings of your choice.
Mix everything well, then you can either make them right away or refrigerate the mix until you’re ready to cook them. You can even refrigerate the meat mixture overnight, so if you have a special occasion the next day, like a potluck, for instance, you can prepare it the night before and cook the fritters just before guests arrive.
2. Adapt this easy chicken fritters recipe to your taste
I made these cheesy chicken fritters with mozzarella, but you can replace it with any shredded cheese. It’s worth noting here that the cheese should be a melty one (like cheddar, gouda or provolone) to hold the mixture together.
As for the seasonings in these cheesy chicken patties, the sky is the limit. Actually, it’s your taste buds and the ingredients available but you get the point.
You can use any of your favorites and here are a few good ideas:
- dried oregano
- Italian mix
- smoked paprika
- ground cumin
Furthermore, you can replace the chicken with turkey and you can use ground meat or chopped skinless breast or thighs.
You should now have a better idea of what ingredients can be replaced in this easy chicken fritters recipe. Of course, if there’s anything that I haven’t covered here, don’t hesitate to pop a question in the comments below or on social media.
Now let’s see how you can use this easy chicken fritters recipe for meal planning.
3. This easy chicken fritters recipe is perfect for meal planning
Apart from being healthy and Keto, this easy chicken fritters recipe is also perfect for meal planning.
You can place the cheesy chicken patties in airtight containers and refrigerate them for up to 5 days. There’s one very important thing to note here.
If you plan to serve them with a side dish, like greens or chopped salad, or with some sort of dressing, don’t mix them together until just before serving.
And now let’s see what you can serve with them.
4. What to serve with cheesy chicken patties
Here are a few Keto sides that go perfectly with cheesy chicken fritters:
- Roasted cauliflower
- Roasted aubergines
- Green salad
- Chopped salad
- Grilled or roasted non-starchy veggies
If dieting is not for you, then here are a few good ideas:
- Vegan Thai Rice Salad
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- Vegan Chopped Salad With Quinoa
- Vegan Couscous Salad With Roasted Veggies
Now let’s wrap things up, as I am sure you know by now how to make chicken fritters easy and Keto.
It is time to make this easy chicken fritters recipe, then take a few snaps, post them on Instagram and tag me with @theblondelish.
And don’t forget. If you need advice to make this easy chicken fritters recipe just drop me a line in the comments or on social media.
Also, if you liked this recipe video and want to see more like it, please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
More Keto Recipes:
Cheesy Chicken Fritters Recipe
- 1.5 lb (700g) skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup (40g) almond flour
- 1 cup (110g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil - finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chives - chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley - chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- a pinch of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper - or to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil - or more to fry
- Place the chicken breast on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, chop it into tiny pieces, then place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Into the large bowl, stir in almond flour, eggs, mozzarella, basil, chives, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan, over medium-low heat. With an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, scoop into the chicken mixture and transfer it to the pan, then slightly flatten to create a fritter. Don't overcrowd the pan, cook the fritters in batches, about 4 per batch.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 6-8 minutes. Keep in mind that you need to cook them at medium-low temp, otherwise they will burn on the outside but won't get well cooked on the inside.
- Serve with your favorite dip
- You can replace the cheese with any shredded melty cheese like cheddar, gouda or provolone.
- Use any of your favorite seasonings and here are a few good ideas: dried oregano, Italian mix, smoked paprika, chili, ground cumin.
- You can replace the chicken with turkey. See more on how to adapt this easy chicken fritters recipe at Tip #2.
- For meal planning, you can place the cheesy chicken fritters in airtight containers* and refrigerate them for up to 5 days. Just remember to keep them separate from any side dish, dressing or sauce until you're ready to serve them. (See Tip #3)
- See Tip #4 for side dish ideas.
*This post may contain affiliate links