This garlic shrimp and zucchini noodles recipe is low carb, Paleo, Whole30 and you can make it in just 25 minutes, so it’s super easy too.
Today I am going to show you how to make shrimp stir fry with zucchini noodles which is one of the easiest and healthiest shrimp recipes ever.
And that’s because you can make it in just 25 minutes and it’s great for three of the most popular healthy diets: low carb, Paleo and Whole30.
Furthermore, this shrimp stir fry with zucchini noodles is a great make-ahead meal so it’s perfect for meal planning too. But I’ll tell you more about that in the Tips & Tricks below.
I will also explain to you how to make zucchini noodles (zoodles), what to serve with garlic shrimp and zucchini noodles, and which ingredients you can change in this easy recipe.
So stick around if you want to make the best shrimp zoodles ever.
More Easy Shrimp Recipes:
- Shrimp And Avocado Salad With Cilantro And Lime
- Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp And Asparagus
- Shrimp Fried Rice
How to make shrimp stir fry with zucchini noodles – Best Tips & Tricks
1. How to make zucchini noodles
Once you have any of these, it will be incredibly easy. You just need to stick the zucchini into the spiralizer and spin it to obtain nice and long pasta-like strips.
More recipes with zucchini noodles:
2. Which ingredients can be changed in this easy shrimp and zucchini noodles recipe
You can replace the zoodles with regular pasta noodles, but it’s worth mentioning that it won’t be low carb anymore. And if you make this recipe with pasta noodles, you’ll need to cook them first, separately, before adding them to the wok.
Next, you can replace the shrimps with small pieces of chopped chicken, or with other seafood like salmon, scallops or calamari rings.
As for the veggies, you can use any your favorites, and here are some good ideas: cabbage, broccoli, or green beans. Keep in mind that cooking time will vary depending on which veggies you’re using.
Now let’s move further and see how to meal plan with garlic shrimp and zucchini noodles.
3. How to meal plan with shrimp zoodles
There’s an important trick that’s worth mentioning here. Don’t cook the noodles and don’t mix them with the hot sauce if you’re using them for meal prep.
You have to cook the shrimp, veggies and sauce, then place everything in food containers. Then, put the uncooked zoodles in a different container so they won’t get mixed with the sauce.
Once you’re ready to serve, mix the zoodles with shrimp, veggies and sauce and heat everything up.
If you mix them with hot sauce, the zoodles will cook rapidly and you will have to serve them right away. Otherwise, they will get soft and mushy, and they will release a lot of liquid.
And here’s another trick…
When you’re ready to serve, just toss everything in the pan and cook. This will save you time and will be particularly useful in those moments when you’re starving and just want something super quick.
Now let’s see what you can serve with shrimp and zoodles.
4. What to serve with garlic shrimp and zucchini noodles
The best thing to serve with shrimp zoodles is cold sake. But wait, oh yeah, we were talking about food now 🙂
Well in this case, here are some great ideas to serve with shrimp and zucchini noodles:
– Add a fried egg or a soft boiled egg on top.
– Serve with peanut butter sauce and here’s a quick and easy recipe for this:
- 2 Tbsp drippy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
– Sprinkle with crumbly cheese like feta, goat cheese or sheep milk cheese.
– Add sweet chili sauce
That was all for today my dear foodies. It is now time to make this easy garlic shrimp and zucchini noodles recipe, so let’s get right to it, shall we?!
And if you like this easy shrimp and zoodles recipe video and want to see more like it, please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Garlic Shrimp And Zucchini Noodles - Whole30/Paleo Recipe
- 1 lb. (450g) jumbo shrimps - peeled and deveined
- sea salt and pepper - to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes - or to taste
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil - divided
- 1 large bell pepper - julienned
- 1 large carrot - cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium red onion - sliced
- 2 medium zucchini - spiralized
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2-3 Tbsp green onions - sliced
Ingredients For the stir fry sauce:
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger - minced
- 1 tsp gluten-free flour or cornstarch
- In a small mixing jug, combine all sauce ingredients. Whisk until everything is well incorporated, then set aside.
- Drizzle the remaining oil into the pan/wok and add the peppers, carrots and red onions. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes, then pour the sauce over and cook until it reduces, about 3-4 minutes more.
- Return the shrimps to the pan, together with the zucchini noodles, and toss well to coat everything in sauce.
- Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.Serve immediately and enjoy!
- To make zucchini noodles, you need a handheld or a multi-blade spiralizer, or a KitchenAid with a spiralizer attachment. See more at Tip #1
- Check out Tip #2, to see which ingredients you can change in this easy shrimp and zoodles recipe.
- Use this shrimp stir fry with zucchini noodles for meal planning, just make sure to keep the zoodles separately from the rest of the ingredients and don't cook them until right before serving. See more about this at Tip #3.
- You can serve the shrimp zoodles with a fried or soft boiled egg on top, with crumbled cheese, with sweet chili sauce, or with peanut butter sauce. See the recipe for peanut butter sauce at Tip #4.