You can make this lemon garlic butter shrimp recipe in one pan and in just 15 minutes. How’s that for a quick, easy and super delicious meal?!
Today I’m going to show you how to make lemon garlic butter shrimp with asparagus and cherry tomatoes.
Sounds delish? Well, it gets even better.
This baked lemon garlic shrimp recipe is low calorie, just 304 Kcal/serving, you can make it in one sheet pan, and in just 15 minutes.
How great does that sound?!
And that’s not all…
More Shrimp Recipes:
Do you know how I’ve been obsessing about meal planning lately and how I’ve started to share more meal prep recipes?
Well, this lemon garlic shrimp and asparagus recipe is excellent for that purpose.
This is great news especially for those conscious eating gym bunnies who like to cook their meals according to their fitness goals.
It will save you money, time and you will be more organized when it comes to eating. And it actually reduces your chances of binge eating too.
This is one of the reasons why I’m obsessed with meal planning. Always having food readily available will not only improve your eating habits, but it will also reduce your chances of bad snacking.
Now, I could talk for hours about meal planning and its benefits but I know you probably just want the tips and the recipe so I’ll get straight to it.
That being said, if you are a beginner at meal prepping and want advice, don’t hesitate to ask. I’m super excited about the topic so I’m more than happy to help. Either drop me a line in the comments or on social media.
And now let me show you how to make the best shrimp recipe ever.
How to make lemon garlic butter shrimp with asparagus – Best Tips & Tricks
1. Adapt this baked lemon garlic shrimp recipe to your taste
So first things first.
If you want to make the best shrimp recipe ever, it will have to satisfy your every taste. What’s good for me might not be so for you, hence, I am going to show you how to adapt this recipe and make it entirely to your taste.
So let’s start with the veggies.
What vegetables go well with shrimp?
I made this lemon garlic butter shrimp with asparagus and cherry tomatoes and I can confirm that all of them go perfectly together. Hubby just confirmed that they’re super delish, so we gotta trust the pro eaters, don’t we? (I call him fooderminator)
But what if you want to go with your own favorites? Do you know which of your favorite vegetables go well with shrimp?
Don’t worry if you don’t. That’s what I am here for.
Here is a list of vegetables that go well with shrimp, but keep in mind that cooking time can vary:
- Potatoes (Baked and Fried)
- Sweet potatoes (roasted)
- Asparagus and cherry tomatoes
- Sugar snap peas
- Regular peas (frozen or fresh)
- Zucchini (roasted or steamed)
- Bell Peppers (roasted)
- Carrots (roasted)
- Cauliflower (roasted)
One very important thing to remember is that all veggies have different cooking times. So it may be best to cook some of them separately from the shrimp.
For instance, if you go for broccoli or sweet potatoes, it’s better to bake them first for 10-12 minutes, then add the shrimps and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the shrimps are done.
And if by any chance you don’t like any of the above, I’m going to tell you what to serve with lemon garlic shrimp in the next section.
There is one more thing you can do to adapt this baked lemon garlic shrimp recipe to your taste. And it’s one that I highly recommend.
If time allows, you should marinate the shrimp in your favorite marinade. At least 15 minutes is recommended.
Now let’s move on and see what else you can serve with baked lemon garlic shrimp.
2. What to serve with lemon garlic shrimp
So you don’t like vegetables with lemon garlic butter shrimp, huh?!
That’s alright, I’m sure we can find something for you 🙂
You can replace the vegetables in this baked lemon garlic shrimp recipe with rice, fruits, different kinds of salad, quinoa or pasta.
One thing to bear in mind here is that you will have to cook the side dish separately.
This will not only extend the time needed to make this lemon garlic butter shrimp recipe but it also means that it won’t be one-pan anymore.
You know me, I hate doing dishes so I had to give you the heads-up.
If you’re wondering what kind of fruits would be best with baked lemon garlic shrimp, here are a few:
- Pineapple (charred)
- Kiwi (in a salsa)
- Avocado (with chili and lime)
- Mango (in a salsa)
So take your pick and let me know which one you like best.
Now let’s move on to the last tip of today and that is…
3. How to meal plan with lemon garlic shrimp and asparagus
Start, as you would with any other recipe, by making an actual plan (menu + groceries). Think about how many times you want to cook per week. If it’s twice, then you will need to cook enough for 3-4 days worth of meals (lunch or dinner).
Next, you need to know how many persons you are cooking for. Knowing this will help you calculate the servings and cook the exact quantity needed.
Then divide it into oven and freezer-proof glass containers, so whenever you’ll need a quick bite, you’ll just have to throw one in the oven and re-heat it.
The good part is that you don’t need to cook loads of different meals. Instead, you can prepare a few large batches of proteins, veggies and carbs and use them in different combos.
And as I already told you, if you want to know more about this meal prepping thing, just drop me a line in the comments below or on social media. I’m more than happy to help.
So that’s about it, my dear foodies. That was pretty much everything you needed to know to make the best shrimp recipe ever.
Now it’s time to make it, snap a few shots, post them on Instagram and tag me with @theblondelish
And if you like this baked lemon garlic shrimp recipe video and want to see more like it, please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Baked Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp And Asparagus
- 2 Tbsp butter - melted
- 2 garlic cloves - minced or pressed
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice - or to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Lbs (1 Kg) asparagus - trimmed and cut in half
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 2 lbs raw shrimp
- 9 Oz (250g) cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- In a large sheet pan, add shrimps, melted butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice and zest.
- Mix with your hands to coat well, then arrange the shrimps to a single layer on one side of the sheet pan.
- Place the asparagus and cherry tomatoes in a single layer on the other side of the sheet pan.
- Drizzle the veggies with olive oil and sprinkle everything with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake until the shrimps turn pink and opaque and the tomatoes start bursting, about 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices and enjoy!
FOR MEAL PREP:
- You can assemble everything into glass containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Just before serving, reheat for a couple of minutes.
- You can change the veggies but the cooking time will vary. Also, you will have to cook them separately from the shrimps (See Tip #1)
- If time allows, you can also marinate the shrimp before cooking it.
- You can replace the veggies with rice, pasta, quinoa, different kinds of salad and even fruits (See Tip #2).