How to make Chicken and chorizo paella
Paella is a Spanish dish, usually cooked in a large quantity so you can share it with friends and family. I think it’s perfect around Christmas time when you’ve got a house full of guests and family. It’s a great comfort food for these cold winter days too. Pair it with a glass of red wine and enjoy it with your loved ones.
Tips: 1. Cook the rice al dente to get the best texture. 2. Leave the chicken to macerate for at least 6 hours, to get a delicious flavor and tenderness.
Chicken and chorizo paella
- 300 g chicken thigh - chopped bite sized pieces
- 200 g chorizo - sliced
- 1 cup arborio rice - risotto long grain rice
- 1 Tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 chicken cube stock
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red peppers - chopped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes - chopped
- 1 medium onion - finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves - chopped
- 1 cup garden peas - fresh or frozen
- 1 lime
- fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, toss the chicken with olive oil, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper and leave it to macerate in the fridge for a while (the longer the better).
- Set a large skillet on high heat. When hot, add the chicken and pan-fry for 5 minutes, until it starts to get golden on the sides, but not entirely cooked. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add chorizo, onion and garlic. Cook for about 10 minutes until the onion softens. Then return the chicken to the pan together with peas, cherry tomatoes, rice, cube stock and 4 cups of water. Cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about 25 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with fresh parsley and fresh lime juice.
*This post may contain affiliate links
Try this Chicken Paella Recipe and if you like it, why not rate it in the comments section below, so it will reach more awesome foodies like yourself