Delish Turkey kebabs with sumac yogurt dip.
I’ve always been fascinated by world cuisines and no matter how hard I try it’s impossible to name my favorite.
Just when I think I found one, I try a new dish that will instantly change my mind and throw me back into the same existential dilemma 🙂 .
Also, working with food and being passionate about the art of cooking makes this decision a lot harder. And I can’t imagine how a single dish can take the first sport of my gourmet world.
Asian ingredients are so popular these days, Mediterranean food is healthy and fresh, the Indians gave us the best spices … Oh, and the Japanese made us love raw fish with their absolutely amazing sushi and sashimi.
So could you really say Yeah, this one’s my favorite?
I honestly can’t. Therefore, I want to enjoy them all and experiment with each, adding my own touch, adjusting dishes and mixing all sorts of ingredients.
My only rule is that the final product has to be delish. And then, of course, it has to look nice to keep you all hooked on to my blog 🙂
Today I decided to try an Eastern Mediterranean recipe (Turkish to be more specific), called Turkey kebabs with sumac yogurt dip.
I recently discovered sumac and I can honestly say that from now on it will always have a special place my kitchen. It’s a Middle Eastern spice with a slightly sour flavor, and you can use it in sauces for meat dishes and fish.
The easiest way to use sumac is to mix it with yogurt and it goes really well as a steak and barbecue sauce.
So do you like how this Turkish recipe sounds? Well, I can honestly tell you that it tastes incredibly good. Give it a try and if you need any help with it drop me a line on my Facebook page.
Turkey Kebabs Recipe with Sumac Yogurt Dip
- 1 lb (450g) minced turkey meat
- 1/2 cup (175g) cooked couscous
- 1/4 cup (25g) ground parmesan
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1 small egg
- sea salt & fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin seed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Ingredients for Sumac yogurt dip:
- 1 cup (240ml) Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- sea salt & fresh ground black pepper - to taste
- In a small bowl, mix well the ingredients for the sumac yogurt dip.
- In a large bowl, mix turkey meat with couscous, cheese, garlic, egg and seasonings. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Dip your hands in a bit of olive oil, then take about one spoonful of the mixture and form a meatball.
- Roll it into your palms to get a kebab oval shape. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Insert a skewer into each kebab.
- Heat the grill or a cast iron pan on medium-high heat.
- Grill the kebabs, turning them once on each side until golden and cooked through, for about 5-7 minutes.
- Dip the kebabs into sumac yogurt sauce and serve them with warm pita bread and freshly cut veggies.
*This post may contain affiliate links
Sumac is the best!