As Garfield might say, this is the World’s best Chicken Lasagna recipe.
‘Did somebody say Lasagna??’ (Garfield)
Oh no, it is more than that. Not that I want to brag 🙂 , but this is probably the best chicken lasagna with white sauce and mushrooms.
But enough bragging (for the moment 🙂 ) and let me tell you a bit about how I got to cook the best chicken lasagna recipe.
You know those London evenings, a bit rainy and chilly, when you feel like staying home and just be lazy, kind of like Garfield?
Well, that was me yesterday.
So the Garfield in me just wanted to eat something and see a movie.
Having heard that there was a new Prison Break series out, it felt like everything fitted perfectly.
Chilly weather, laziness all around, good movie … oh yeah, this is the perfect time for… PIZZA 🙂 🙂
But then my inner-self started screaming ‘How can you even think about that when you know you barely make it to the gym? And those Gisele Bundchen abs, you know the ones you always wished for … They are not going to build themselves. ‘
The little Garfield in me was like “Diet is ‘die’ with a ‘t'”. But my athletic conscience was saying “Heck no, you are NOT having that tonight! Especially after all that ice cream you’ve had the other day”.
And that’s how I got into an inner quarrel with myself and I had to compromise (for today).
I decided to go for something as tasty as pizza (actually it was much better) and a lot healthier.
So I started looking for recipes and I stumbled upon Mary Berry’s Chicken Lasagna. I wondered ‘How could I not think of that, it was so easy’. And it’s a lot better than pizza. It is tastier and healthier.
But I felt like Mary Berry’s chicken lasagna was missing something. Actually, I think I feel that about all the recipes I find because for some reason I simply can’t respect a single one and make it exactly as I find it.
I guess I like adding my own touch to the food I make. And in this case, it was the white sauce with mushrooms. This ace in the sleeve made this chicken lasagna recipe truly special. It came out creamy and soo tasty.
I made this white sauce with chicken stock, double cream, and Italian seasoning.
Everything was cooked in one pot. Which was a relief because I didn’t have a sink full of dishes to clean afterward.
I know that passionate foodies can really dread that sometimes, up to the point where they give up cooking 🙂
So Lazy-Me could say that this is one of the things I liked most about this Chicken Lasagna recipe.
To enhance its flavor and make it delicious I added my favorite flavor boosters: Garlic and Chili. It’s amazing how these two little fellows can make even the dullest of foods a crazy delish.
Granted, garlic flavor will fill up your house in no time. But if you want to make the world’s best chicken lasagna recipe, then this is just a small sacrifice.
More crazy delish recipes:
- Shrimp Pasta with Pesto and Cherry Tomatoes
- Roast Beetroot Salad with Feta and Couscous
- Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes Pasta
Mary Berry’s chicken lasagna is cooked in the oven and that’s how you usually make homemade lasagna. But I made this one on the hob and I can tell you that after only 30 minutes it came out perfect.
Try it and let me know how you like it. And if you add your own touch you have to tell me what that is. Just drop a line in the comments.
And that’s how I made world’s best chicken lasagna recipe. Well, it’s actually Mary Berry’s chicken lasagna with a Blondelish touch. And to quote some more Garfield “With due respect to Will Rogers, I never met a lasagna I didn’t like.” 🙂
Guys, You really have to check out these Garfield quotes. They are insane, I just can’t stop laughing and mostly because they seem to perfectly describe … ME :))
Now coming back to our chicken lasagna, I can tell you that it was the perfect movie dinner.
More Dinner Ideas:
- Duck with sweet potato purée and garlic peas
- Roast Chicken with Veggies and Spices
- Chicken Stir Fry with Veggies and Cashew
I paired it with a glass of red wine and honestly, it was the perfect way to watch Michael Scofield trying to break out … again.
By the way, it’s funny how all the guys in Prison Break were released, except for the mastermind jailbreaker Michael Scofield. Even T-Bag got out on good behavior. How crazy is that?
Oh well, at least my chicken lasagna was so delicious I didn’t care.
And since there are a lot of Prison Break episodes coming, I am looking for more movie dinner recipes. So can you help out with some ideas?
But before the next Prison Break comes out let’s learn how to make chicken lasagna with white sauce and mushrooms
And if you would like to see more yummy recipe videos, please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
How to make Chicken Lasagna
Best Chicken Lasagna Recipe, with white sauce and mushrooms
- 12 oz (350g) mixed mushrooms - sliced
- 1 lb (450g) chicken breast - sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 onion - diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves - minced
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 cup (500ml) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup (300ml) double cream
- 8 lasagna sheets - broken into squares
- ¾ cup (75g) parmesan - grated
- 1 cup (110g) fresh mozzarella
- 3-4 Tbsp fresh parsley - sliced thinly
- Preheat a cast iron pan over med-high heat. Once hot, add in olive oil and chicken. Sprinkle with chili flakes and season with salt and pepper to your taste. Cook until browned, about 5-6 minutes, then set aside.
- In the same preheated pan, add one more Tbsp of olive oil, then stir in onion, mushrooms, garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion and mushrooms begin to soften.
- Pour in chicken broth, double cream and return the chicken to the pan.
- Distribute the lasagna sheets evenly across the skillet, and add in mozzarella and parmesan. Make sure you place both of them evenly across the top.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and allow the mixture to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lasagna is cooked. You should check halftime, and give it a small stir, so it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
*This post may contain affiliate links