A delicious Shrimp Pasta Recipe that you can make in just 25 minutes.
How would it be if we could all cook delicious dishes and not have to go to top restaurants and pay the world for them? Sounds awesome right? Yet, it also sounds difficult and a bit time-consuming. At least that’s how they seem at first glance. And most people get discouraged by that, thinking that cooking is difficult.
As a result, I’ve decided to embark on a mission to simplify recipes and cooking methods that I’ve learned in top restaurants. I want to make them simple so everybody can cook amazing dishes from the comfort of his own kitchen. Restaurants are going to hate me for that 🙂 . But I really want everybody to eat better, healthier and tastier, without having to go to a restaurant for that.
And today’s recipe comes to support my mission:
Shrimp pasta with pesto and cherry tomatoes
This version of seafood pasta is one of the most popular dishes you’ll find in restaurants.
Do you remember the basil pesto sauce that I made recently? If not, you have to try it. It adds such an intense flavor to pasta, that you can serve it like that. Really, there’s no need to add anything else. Just boil pasta, add pesto and you’ll get an amazing dish. It’s also excellent for vegetarians. Spinach and cherry tomatoes pasta is another pasta recipe that vegetarians might be interested in.
But I went a bit further. I added shrimps and cherry tomatoes and I made the perfect dish for any occasion (unless you’re on diet like me 🙂 )
I chose to make this recipe with whole pasta. They are healthier and I love their texture. I threw in a few shrimps, rucola leaves, and a few cherry tomatoes. And just like that, I made one of the most popular dishes that you’ll find in restaurants.
This shrimp pasta recipe will take you less than 30 minutes to cook. It’s healthy, incredibly tasty and it’s an excellent dish for lunch or dinner.
Make your own pesto. It tastes a lot better than the store-bought pesto and you can make it in 15 mins.
Add lemon juice to get a fresh flavor
And now, let’s start cooking,
Shrimp Pasta with pesto and cherry tomatoes
- 250 g durum wheat penne - 8.8 oz.
- 100 g rocket salad - 3.5 oz.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup homemade pesto sauce
- 250 g shrimps - 1/2lb.
- 1 cup peas - frozen or fresh
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - cut into halves
- 1 Tbs chili flakes - for garnish
- 1/2 tsp salt - or to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain, but keep 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the olive oil, shrimp, a pinch of salt, chilli flakes and cook until the shrimps turn pink (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Add peas, pesto, and pasta to skillet and toss until completely combined.
- Pour in 1/2 cup pasta water and stir until creamy.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, rocket, and garnish with Parmesan and chili flakes.
- Mix everything together and serve them hot.
*This post may contain affiliate links