This baked chicken cutlets recipe takes just 30 minutes to make. It’s a super easy Keto recipe and best of all, it’s crazy delish.
If you were looking for tasty Keto recipes or easy chicken cutlet recipes, then look no further because I’ve got the answer for both.
This baked parmesan chicken cutlets recipe is not just super easy, but also one of my favorite Keto recipes. And the best thing is that you don’t have to stay on a diet to serve them. Oh no, this dish is incredibly popular among all types of foodies.
It’s really one of those foods that you just can’t go wrong with, especially if you’re cooking for a crowd.
And to make best chicken cutlets ever, you’re gonna need to know a few useful stuff, like how to bake chicken cutlets, how to prepare them, or what to serve with chicken cutlets.
I will explain that, and much more, in my useful tips and tricks below. But first, let me bring everybody on the same page and briefly explain what a chicken cutlet is.
More Chicken Recipes:
What is a chicken cutlet
A cutlet is a thin slice of meat, usually from chicken, turkey or veal. A chicken cutlet is a slice of skinless, boneless chicken breast or thighs, which is often pounded with a mallet to make it thin and tender.
Then it’s seasoned, coated in batter and cooked either in the oven or in a pan. One of the reasons for making it thin and tender is to allow the seasonings and spices to go into the meat and make it more flavorful.
And I’ll explain you how to season it, and much more, in the tips and tricks below.
How to make chicken cutlets – Best Tips & Tricks
1. How to cut chicken cutlets
I made these baked parmesan chicken cutlets with chicken breast but the same method applies if you make it with thighs.
So if you have a large cut slice it in half, lengthways. The pieces of breast that I used were quite small, so there was no need to slice them. Then pound the slices lightly, with a mallet, until they get to an even thickness of 1/4inch, or 0.5cm.
This will help them cook evenly and at the same time.
Next, you’ll need to season the chicken cutlets.
2. How to season chicken cutlets
As you can see in my baked chicken cutlets recipe video, I melted butter and seasoned it with salt, pepper and garlic powder and that was incredibly flavorful. You’d have to lightly coat the cutlets in this butter mixture and shake off any excess.
Then you have to place the parmesan chicken cutlets into the dry mixture, which is made of almond flour, grated parmesan, smoked paprika, and Italian seasoning.
Press gently to coat them evenly on all sides.
Next, you’ll need to bake the parmesan chicken cutlets.
3. How to bake chicken cutlets
First, preheat the oven 15 minutes before baking. This step is very important and most people often forget about it.
If you start baking in the cold oven, it will take more time to cook and the parmesan chicken cutlets will not get cooked evenly because the temperature hasn’t built up. Furthermore, the oven won’t have the necessary power to cook the food at first and when it will, it can burn the whole dish.
So if you want to make the best chicken cutlets recipe, make sure you preheat the oven 15 minutes before baking, ok?!
Bear in mind that the best temperature to bake chicken cutlets is 375F/190C.
Make sure you don’t overcrowd the pan, so leave some space between the parmesan chicken cutlets.
Place the pan into the oven and let it bake according to the recipe directions. If the breasts are pounded to an even thickness, about 1/4inch (0.5cm), then 15-20 minutes should be enough.
Now let’s see what other ways are there to cook these easy chicken cutlets.
4. Other ways to cook chicken cutlets
There are different ways to cook chicken cutlets. The easiest is in the oven as I did for this baked chicken cutlets recipe.
But you can also cook them in a large skillet over the stovetop.
If you want to use this method, I would suggest you dip them in beaten eggs instead of the butter mixture. That’s because the butter mixture is already quite fat and since you’ll be adding oil to the pan, it will get even fatter.
After coating them in beaten eggs and parmesan mixture, pour some oil into a large heavy skillet (fill it about 1/4inch / 0.5cm) and heat it over medium-high heat.
Once heated, add the parmesan chicken cutlets and cook until golden brown on both sides (about 3-4min per side). Note that you might need to cook in batches so you don’t overcrowd the pan.
5. What to serve with chicken cutlets
If you want to keep this recipe Keto, then a chopped or greens salad (like the asparagus salad) would go perfectly with these baked chicken cutlets.
If you don’t care about sticking to a certain diet, then you’re in luck because there are so many delicious possibilities. And here are some of my favorites:
- Roasted potatoes
- Garlic fries
- Roasted veggies, like cauliflower, carrots or steamed broccoli.
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
Furthermore, you can serve it with your favorite sauce like ranch, ketchup or sweet chili.
And that’s it for today. Those were all the tricks you needed to know to make this baked chicken cutlets recipe.
Now you know the drill, right?
Make them, snap a shot of the final dish and post it on Instagram with the tag @theblondelish so I can see what came out.
And if you like this easy chicken cutlets recipe video and want to see more like it, please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Baked Parmesan Chicken Cutlets Recipe
- 1½ Lb (700g) chicken breasts sliced into cutlets - pounded to ¼ inch (0.5cm) thickness
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon for serving
- fresh chopped parsley - to garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, add almond flour, grated parmesan, paprika and Italian seasoning. Mix well to combine.
- Dip the chicken into the butter mixture, then shake off any excess. Place it into the almond flour mixture, and gently press to coat evenly on both sides.
- Place it into the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with lemon and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- You can make this easy chicken cutlets recipe with breast or thighs. To cut it, slice a large cut in half, lengthways, then lightly pound the slices with a mallet. See more Tip #1
- See how to season these baked chicken cutlets at Tip #2.
- The best temperature to bake chicken cutlets is 375F/190C and you need to preheat the oven 15 minutes before baking. See more at Tip #3.
- You can also make these easy chicken cutlets in a large skillet over the stovetop. See how at Tip #4.
- A few side-dish ideas that go perfectly with these easy chicken cutlets: asparagus salad, greens salad, roasted potatoes. See more at Tip #5