How to make Dutch baby pancakes easy
Hey everybody and Merry Christmas,
Since it’s Christmas Day and we can’t stop gobbling everything on the table, I thought we should also make it a pancake day.
Yep, today I would like to show you how to make pancakes that can be served for dessert but also for breakfast. The prepping takes just 5 minutes. Can you believe that? And the result? A beautiful fluffy pancake that goes perfectly with my favorite fruits and honey.
This dutch pancake recipe has its origins in the German cuisine and it can be served as a yummy dessert, but they mostly have it for breakfast. Why? Well, maybe because it has so many eggs in it and it’s very consistent so it can keep you going throughout the day.
So, shall we try it?
Dutch baby pancake
- ½ cup all purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 3 free range eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- 3 Tbs honey
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, 2 Tbs melted butter and sugar. Add the flour and stir until everything is well combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon melted butter to the bottom of a medium cast iron skillet.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and bake for 12-18 minutes or just until the edges start to get brown.
- Top with fresh berries and honey.
Try this Dutch Pancake Recipe and if you like it, why not rate it in the comments section below so it will reach more awesome foodies like yourself