This easy vegan chocolate chip pancakes recipe takes just 15 minutes to make. How great does that sound?
Today I’ll show you how to make a super simple vegan chocolate chip pancakes recipe in just 15 minutes.
I mean, honestly, how could I not?
They’re fluffy, homemade, healthy, no dairy and most importantly, they are made with chocolate. And you all know that I’m a chocoholic, right?
Now, if that rang an alarm, don’t worry I used vegan chocolate chips.
Who can say now that vegan recipes aren’t tasty, huh?!
More vegan recipes:
Since they are vegan, they’re dairy free, which means they are also perfect for the lactose-intolerant foodies.
And if you are gluten intolerant, keep reading as I’ll explain below how to make them gluten-free (easy).
So who can resist a tasty, healthy stack of fluffy homemade pancakes without eggs and milk?
I know I can’t.
But before showing you how to make fluffy homemade pancakes without dairy, I must reveal a few secret tricks that will help you make the best of this recipe.
So let’s dive into some interesting details, shall we?
How to make vegan pancakes (without eggs and dairy milk) in just 15 minutes – Best Tips & Tricks
1. How to make these vegan pancakes gluten-free.
Fortunately, I am not gluten intolerant so I used whole wheat flour. I consider myself fortunate for that because I am literally in love with food and I would hate if some physical condition would keep me away from the dishes I love.
But if you are among the few that must stay away from gluten, fear not for I’ve got you covered.
Just replace the whole wheat flour with quinoa flour and you’re good to go. This will also make them perfect for the Clean Eating diet in case you’re a fan, like yours truly.
Now that you know how to make gluten free vegan chocolate chip pancakes, let’s see which pan to use.
2. Which pan is best for making vegan chocolate chip pancakes
And make sure you pick one made of cast iron because they are more durable and distribute heat evenly.
This will help you make those perfectly shaped, fluffy homemade pancakes that everybody craves for.
Speaking of pancake pans, I think I’ve got some shopping to do 🙂
Don’t let my hubby know, he’ll be like ‘You’ve got hundreds of pans, why in the world would you need one more???’
Oh well, a passionate foodie can never have enough tools and gadgets in their kitchen, right?
3. How to cook these fluffy vegan chocolate chip pancakes
When the batter is ready, heat up the pan and always use the first pancake for testing. So pour just a small amount of batter and adjust the temperature as needed.
If the outside gets cooked but the inside doesn’t, you’ll need to turn the heat down. If the edges are dry and bubbles have formed, it means the vegan pancake is done.
Check to see when the bottom gets golden brown, as that’s when you need to flip it. But remember that it will cook faster on the second side than the first.
4. Which topping is best for homemade vegan pancakes
I topped these fluffy vegan chocolate chip pancakes with bananas but you can use any of your favorite fruits, like fresh berries, peaches, figs, kiwi or mango.
Then drizzle a bit of maple syrup and you’re going to have the best vegan pancakes ever. Or, instead of maple syrup, you can use raw honey.
5. Serve them warm
Vegan chocolate chip pancakes, like any pancakes, are best served warm. So, I know it’s not going to be easy, but make sure you don’t make more than you can eat.
If you really can’t serve them right away, you can keep them in the fridge for up to 2 days and then reheat them before serving.
But they won’t be as fluffy and they’ll get a little soggy.
- Make these homemade vegan pancakes gluten-free by replacing whole wheat flour with quinoa flour.
- Use a cast iron pancake pan to make them easy and perfectly shaped.
- Use the first pancake for testing and adjust the temperature accordingly. Flip it when it’s golden brown on one side, but remember that the second side will cook faster than the first.
- Top them with your favorite fruits and maple syrup or honey.
- Serve these fluffy vegan chocolate chip pancakes warm. If you really must, you can keep them in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheat them before serving.
Now that you know all these tricks, I’m sure you’ll make the best homemade vegan pancakes ever.
And after making them, don’t forget to post a photo on Instagram and tag me with @theblondelish and use the hashtag #blondelish. You know I always want to see how you make my recipes, right?
So let’s see which one of you foodies makes the best vegan pancakes!
And if you like this recipe video and want to see more, please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup coconut milk or any non-dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- coconut oil spray
- sliced bananas, maple syrup, peanut butter
- In a bowl, mix quinoa flour with baking powder and baking soda.
- Add in coconut milk and butter, then whisk until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, and spray it with a bit of coconut oil. Once hot, pour in about 1/3 cupful of batter.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until small bubbles form, then flip. Cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side, until golden brown. Repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- Stack your pancakes on a plate and serve them with banana slices and maple syrup.