This tasty one-pot chicken fajita pasta takes just 30 minutes to make. And the best thing is that you only have one pot to clean afterward.
Today I will show you how to make a delicious one-pot chicken fajita pasta.
This is a great recipe for lunch or dinner, and I recommend making it for parties with friends and family (that’s when I usually make it).
The reason for my recommendation is that it’s easy to make and everybody likes chicken and pasta.
These two are some of the most popular and loved ingredients ever. It’s hard to even find somebody that doesn’t like them (unless they’re vegan).
So it’s safe to say that you just can’t go wrong with chicken fajita pasta.
Another great thing about it is that you can make it all in one pan. I think we all know the importance of having fewer dishes to do after a family get-together, right?
More one-pan recipes:
But if your party is large that’s probably not going to help much. So I suggest you set a house rule beforehand: host cooks, guests do dishes :))
I’ve got to say, as much as I love cooking, I hate cleaning after parties.
Now you are probably wondering what makes this different from a normal chicken pasta recipe.
Well, even though the two main ingredients are the same, there are several others on the side which make an incredible difference.
These are the same ingredients which you can find in the usual fajitas, to which you add pasta.
All of them are rich in flavors making the chicken fajita pasta tastier and more flavorful than the usual chicken pasta.
And even though it has a few extra ingredients it doesn’t take long to make. It’s just as easy and you can make both in about 30 minutes.
Now that you know why you should make this one-pot chicken fajita pasta, it’s time to tell you how to make it.
How to make tasty chicken fajita pasta – Best Tips & Tricks
1. Changing some ingredients with your favorites.
I made this one-pot chicken fajita pasta with fusilli but you can change them with any dry short-cut pasta. And here are a few examples:
- penne rigate
Also, you can make it with whole grain pasta and you can change the chicken breast with ground turkey or beef.
2. Don’t forget to stir after adding pasta.
This step is very important! After adding the pasta, you need to stir constantly.
Also, keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn’t absorb all the liquid before it finishes cooking.
If this happens, add an extra cup of stock or water.
Once the pasta is cooked al dente, there should still be some liquid left which will transform into a thick sauce.
You’ll need to take the pan off of the stove and let it sit for a couple of minutes, then stir once more before serving.
3. Use a deep skillet or sauté pan.
This will allow you to fit more liquid in and will prevent it from splashing out when you move the pan around.
I know people usually own a regular skillet and that’s fine too, it can do the job. But the sauté pan is more practical for making tasty one-pot chicken fajita pasta.
If you don’t have any of them and you’re planning to purchase one, see here the difference between these two pans.
4. How to cut the meat for chicken fajita pasta
You’ll need to cut it in similar, bite-sized pieces so it will cook evenly and at the same time.
Now that you know all these tricks I am sure you know how to make tasty one-pot chicken fajita pasta.
So… you know what time it is, don’t you?
Time to fire up the stoves and let the fun begin.
And if you like it and want to see more, please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
One-Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta Recipe
- 1 Tbsp olive oil - divided
- 1 lb (450g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2-3 Tbsp fajita seasoning - (see recipe below)
- 1 lime
- 1 red onion - peeled and sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced into 1-inch / 2.5cm strips
- 9½ oz (270g) dried short-cut pasta
- 1 cup (225g) canned diced tomatoes
- 3 cups (700ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (115g) shredded cheese
- sliced green onions - to garnish
- a small bunch of fresh cilantro or parsley - to garnish
Fajita Seasoning Ingredients:
- 1/2 Tbsp sea salt
- 1/8 Tbsp ground pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp ground coriander seed
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic
- 1/4 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and fajita seasoning then cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until almost cooked through.
- Squeeze one lime, then stir in onions and peppers.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in pasta, diced tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 12-15 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked al dente. Make sure you stir occasionally as the pasta can get stuck to the bottom of the pan quite easily.
- Turn the heat off, then stir in shredded cheese.
- Garnish with diced green onions and chopped fresh parsley or cilantro.
*This post may contain affiliate links