Quick and Easy Chicken skewers and tabbouleh salad
Last week I kind of overdid it with burgers (oops, but I’m only human). So I told myself that I need to start eating a bit lighter to keep my healthy balance (and rebalance my weight a bit 🙂 )
My healthy balanced diet sounds something like this: one day it’s all about my cravings, so I might gobble a Wagyu beef burger with chips or I might indulge in lots of Blondies with dried cherries. But the next week, it’s all about light dishes. That means salads, chicken, fish and lots of veggies. It might sound a bit dull, but I assure you that they’re delicious as well. Oh, and matcha or green tea is my daily must.
I can’t say that I follow specific nutritional patterns and I am not always that careful when it comes to diet. What can I say… I am a passionate foodie. I tend to cook a lot and I always strive to make it delicious 🙂 . I love experimenting and playing with ingredients. And that will probably not change anytime soon.
But I try to balance everything as best I can to keep myself healthy and fit. I won’t say no to my cravings but I won’t overdo it either. I guess that’s the secret of a happy diet 🙂
Nowadays, the food industry lures us with some of the most healthy diets, but the real challenge is to find the one that works perfectly for you. Everybody should have a personalized diet that will keep an ideal level of health, weight, and energy.
Try to savor every bite, knowing what and how much you eat. Don’t feed the body more than it needs.
Today’s recipe will prove that you don’t need to sacrifice tasty for healthy.
How to make delicious Chicken Skewers and Tabbouleh Salad
Chicken skewers and tabbouleh salad
- For chicken skewer:
- 250 g diced chicken breast
- 1 tbs of honey
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 1 tbs of smoked paprika
- 1 tbs of hot chili pasta
- sea salt flakes
- For Tabbouleh salad:
- a bunch parsley
- 150 g bulgur
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 spring onions
- 1/4 pomegranate
- salt and olive oil
- 1 lime
- Mix all ingredients for the chicken skewers together, in a bowl and let them macerate in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours (best would be overnight), so that the flavours will blend and the meat will become tender.
- Stick 3 chicken dices on each skewer, and don’t forget to put a piece of spring onion between them.
- Grill the skewers (on each side) in a hot cast iron pan, for about 6-8 minutes in total.
- Chop thinly the parsley, cherry tomatoes and spring onions and mix them with the pomegranate seeds.
- Boil the bulgur in salted water for 10 minutes. Drain it well and mix it with the other ingredients.
- Squeeze a lime on top of everything and add 2 tbs of olive oil, then sea salt and mix everything well.
If you like this Chicken Skewers Recipe, why not rate it in the comments section below so it will reach more awesome foodies like yourself