Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta Recipe
This quick and easy shrimp alfredo pasta recipe takes just 20 minutes to make. It's super tasty and perfect for sharing.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 lb (450g) raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lb (450g) dry linguine pasta
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red chili (mild) or Habanero (intense) finely diced (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 6 cups milk (full fat or 2%)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- a small bunch of fresh chopped basil to garnish
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add garlic and chili, and sautee for about 1 minute, until just fragrant.
Stir in the shrimps and cook until pink, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper (to taste), then remove from the pan and set aside.
Pour the milk in, reduce the heat and bring it to a gentle simmer. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Stir in the pasta and cook (on low heat), while stirring occasionally, until it gets to al dente (about 7-9 minutes). At this point, you can place the lid on, but remember to give it a stir every 2-3 minutes.
Return the shrimps to the pan and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, then mix to combine. (If the pasta is a bit too dry you can add 1/2-1 cup of milk and mix well to combine).
Serve immediately with fresh ground pepper and chopped basil.
Please read the Tips & Tricks in the article above, before making this creamy shrimp alfredo pasta recipe. Below is just a summary:
- If you want to make this easy shrimp alfredo pasta with fewer calories, use milk instead of double or whipping cream.
- To make it creamy, you should simmer the milk gently. Once it starts boiling, add the pasta and give it a good stir. Then keep stirring occasionally, throughout the cooking process.
- It's best to serve this creamy shrimp alfredo pasta right away, but you can also keep it in the fridge for up to 2 days. However, it will lose it's creaminess because the pasta will keep absorbing the sauce.
- Best pasta for alfredo sauce: linguine, spaghetti, fettuccine or tagliatelle.
- You can remove the shrimps and you will make a delicious vegetarian alfredo pasta. Or, you can change them with chicken.