Healthy Grilled Salmon Bowl With Vegetables and Quinoa
This easy grilled salmon recipe is healthy, super tasty and takes just 30 minutes to make.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 20 Oz. salmon fillet
- 1/2 English cucumbers diced
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup canned corn drained
- 1/2 cup pitted olives sliced
- 1 small red onion diced
- a small bunch of parsley picked and chopped
- 1 lime zested
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper or to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- lime wedges to garnish
In a small saucepan, pour 2 cups of water and bring it to the boil.
Once boiling, add in 1 cup quinoa and about 1 tsp sea salt.
Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is light and fluffy and the water has been absorbed. Let it chill until you prep all veggies and cook the salmon.
Meanwhile, add the salmon to a shallow dish and sprinkle with paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil then rub it until evenly coated.
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat and add the salmon in.
Cook for about 5-7 minutes per side, or until the salmon starts to flake.
Alternatively, broil on high with the rack placed on the lower third of the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
To assemble the bowls, add about 1/2 cup cooked quinoa into each bowl and top it with cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, onions, corn, olives and salmon chunks.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, lemon zest and drizzle with olive oil and lime juice. Season to your taste and enjoy!
- Please read the Tips & Tricks in the article before making this healthy grilled salmon bowl with vegetables and quinoa. Below is just a summary:
- If you grill salmon indoors, grill it on a cast iron grill pan (See how at Tip no. 1). If you do it outdoors, a charcoal grill will enhance its flavor.
- You can grill all types of cuts whether it's steak, fillet or sides. If time allows, remove the pin bones before grilling.
- See when it's done by inserting an instant-read thermometer which should read 165F / 62.8C.
- You can replace the salmon in this recipe with any fish like sea bass, halibut, cod, sole, haddock, or tilapia. And you can replace the veggies with bell pepper, zucchini
shredded carrots, cabbage, radish, avocado, spinach.