Healthy Shrimp Salad Recipe With Lettuce And Roasted Veggies
You can make this easy recipe in under 30 minutes, or 15 if you make it with fresh shrimps.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 2 Servings
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 1 Red onion cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200g/7oz. Mangetout
- 200g/7oz. Butternut squash peeled and cut into 1 cm/0.5' cubes
- 450g/1 pound Frozen jumbo shrimps
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to your taste
- One large chopped lettuce or romaine salad
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, to garnish
Ingredients For Chili Lime Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp Lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- ½ Tsp Chili powder
Start by defrosting the shrimps. Place them in a bowl, add enough cold water, and let them sit for 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
Once defrosted, peel the shrimps and place them in the middle of a baking sheet. Make sure you leave some space for the veggies. Alternatively, you could use 2 medium baking trays, one for shrimps and the other for veggies.
Line up the veggies on the baking sheet, next to the shrimps, sprinkle with seasonings (salt, pepper, smoked paprika) and drizzle some olive oil.
Bake for about 10 minutes, until the shrimps turn pink and the veggies are tender-crisp. Be careful not to overcook.
In a small jar, mix all dressing ingredients. Shake well to combine.
In a large salad bowl, combine the mixed greens, roasted shrimps, veggies, and dressing together. Toss, serve and enjoy!
- Use frozen raw shrimps. Make sure they are not pre-cooked (boiled).
- Fresh ones should look grey. If they are pink, it means they have been precooked.
- If you want to replace the veggies with your favorite ones, make sure you use some that get cooked fast, in about 10 minutes, in order to cook everything at the same time.
- Defrost the shrimps in cold water (not hot, nor warm).
- Use fresh ones if you can and it will take about 15 minutes to make this salad. But keep in mind that these have a short expiration date and they are best served on the same day.