Chicken Pasta Soup Recipe
A creamy chicken pasta soup recipe that will make you love the cold outside. It's tasty and super easy to make.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 5 Servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 3 celery sticks diced
- 1 15-Oz/450g Can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup pasta
- 12 oz. / 350g chicken breast skinless and boneless
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or your favorite cheese
- a small bunch of fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to your taste
In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
Add in chicken breast and season it with salt and pepper. Cook for about 6-8 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from the pot and set aside for 10 minutes, then dice it.
In the same pot, add the onion, carrot, celery, bell pepper and garlic. Cook until tender and golden, for about 5-7 minutes.
Add pasta and pour in chicken broth and crushed tomatoes. Stir to combine, then put the lid on and bring to a simmer. Keep an eye on the pot and stir constantly because the pasta can easily get stuck to the bottom.
Cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes, then add chicken and cheese. Taste, and adjust the seasoning.
Top it with more cheese and fresh chopped parsley and serve.
- Once you add the pasta you need to keep an eye on the pot and stir constantly as it can easily get stuck to the bottom.
- You can make this soup in less than 30 min if you use rotisserie chicken or leftovers.
- You should use hard cheese (any type you like) because you'll need to shred it for it to melt well. Mozzarella would be your best option but Parmesan, Cheddar or hard goat cheese are great too.
- Don't use more than 3/4 cup of pasta. It may not seem enough at first, but the pasta will absorb a lot of liquid, and if it's too much it will absorb it all, leaving you with a chicken pasta instead of a soup. Been there, done that, so I speak from experience.
- If you like it spicy, you can add 1/2 tsp of chili flakes.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 859mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3040IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 0.8mg