Mediterranean Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing Recipe
A delicious and simple chickpea salad recipe that you can make in just 15 minutes. It's a variation of tabbouleh salad, but it's more filling and nourishing
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 3 servings
Chickpea Salad Ingredients
- 1 can (15oz/425g) chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- a handful of fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts, to garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- 1 garlic clove minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
Put the dressing ingredients together in a small jar. Fit the lid tight and shake vigorously until fully combined and smooth.
In a large bowl, mix all salad ingredients. Pour the dressing over and toss well to combine.
Serve the salad on its own or with warm pita bread. Enjoy!