Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies Recipe (Vegan | Paleo | Gluten Free)
These fudgy pumpkin chocolate brownies are vegan, paleo, and gluten-free. You can make them with cocoa powder, either natural or Dutch-process, and with canned or homemade pumpkin puree.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 can (15oz / 425g) pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup (76g) cashew butter or any nut butter of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (118ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (68g) gluten-free flour blend
- 3/4 cup (96g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5g) baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (32g) dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C and line an 8 inch/20cm square baking pan* with parchment paper*.
Into a medium mixing bowl, sieve the flour and cocoa powder. Add in spices, salt, baking soda, and stir until well combined.
In a second bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, cashew butter, maple syrup* and vanilla extract. Add in the flour mixture, and stir until well incorporated and there are no lumps left. Scoop the pumpkin pie brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and level it with a silicone spatula*, going all the way into the corners. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the brownie comes out clean.
Once the brownie is done, remove from oven and allow it to cool, then refrigerate for 1 hour to fully set. This will make the vegan pumpkin brownie super fudgy.
Remove from the refrigerator and cut into 9 squares.
Store the brownie squares in airtight containers*, refrigerated, for up to 7 days.Enjoy!
Please read the Tips & Tricks in the article before making this vegan gluten free brownies recipe. Below is just a summary:
- You can make these pumpkin chocolate brownies with cocoa powder, either Natural* or Dutch-process*, depending on your taste. See more about this at Tip #1.
- You can make your own pumpkin puree instead of using canned. See the step by step process at Tip #2.
- See which ingredients can be replaced in this easy homemade brownies recipe at Tip #3.
- To make the Paleo pumpkin brownies fudgy, you have to refrigerate them for 1-2 hours after cooking. See more on this at Tip #4.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 502mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 4mg