Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe
You can make this white bean chicken chili recipe in about half an hour, on the stovetop, in an Instant Pot or in a CrockPot.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless skinless chicken breast cut in half or thirds to cook faster
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 medium carrot diced small
- 2 celery stalks chopped small
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 cups (32 Fl Oz / 1L) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (4.5 oz / 128 g) diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4.5 oz / 128 g) frozen or fresh corn
- 2 cans (15 oz / 425 g) Cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (4.5 oz / 128 g) cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro plus more to garnish
- crushed tortilla chips or strips, Monterrey jack cheese, chopped avocado, sliced jalapeño
Heat oil in a large pot* or dutch oven*, over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and all spices, and cook until fragrant, for about 1 minute.
Add the chicken, green chilis, broth, and cover with the lid. Once the soup starts boiling, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 18-20 minutes, until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
Meanwhile, mash the beans from one of the cans using a fork and set aside. Leave the beans in the second can as they are because they will give texture to the soup.
Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred it with two forks.
Return the shredded chicken to the pot and stir in whole beans, pureed beans and corn. Continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes and allow all flavors to meld nicely. Turn the heat off and stir in cheese cream and lime juice.
Ladle the chili into bowls, add the topping of choice and enjoy while hot!
Please read the Tips & Tricks in the article before making this healthy white chicken chili recipe. Below is just a summary:
1. See how to make creamy white chicken chili in an Instant Pot* at Tip #1.
2. To make it in a slow cooker*, check out Tip #2.
3. I made this white bean chicken chili with cannellini beans, but you can use any white beans you like, such as Navy Pea, Great Northern or Baby Lima beans.
4. See how to make it creamy at Tip #3
5. If you want to replace any ingredients in this easy white chicken chili recipe, check out Tip #4.
Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 706mg | Potassium: 822mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2831IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 6mg