Greek Mason Jar Salad Recipe
You can make this Greek salad in a jar for lunch, dinner or meal prep. It's Paleo, Whole30 and takes just 15 minutes to make.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup mixed cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1 bell pepper (any color) chopped
- 1 cup olives pitted and sliced
- 6 oz (170g) feta cheese crumbled
Ingredients for the Tzatziki dressing:
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 English cucumber grated, squeeze the excess moisture
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1-2 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Start by prepping all veggies.
Next, add all Greek dressing ingredients to a measuring cup and whisk well to combine. Divide the dressing among 4 large mason jars.
Add the remaining ingredients into the jar: cherry tomatoes, diced onions, cucumbers, bell peppers, Kalamata olives and feta cheese.
Put the lid on and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
When ready to serve, just toss the content of the jar into a bowl, stir and enjoy!
Please read the Tips & Tricks in the article before making this Greek salad in a jar. Below is just a summary:
- This Greek salad in a jar is great for meal prep. You can refrigerate it for up 5 days, or up to 3 if you make it with seafood. See More at Tip #1.
- Vegan salads can be refrigerated for up to 1 week if there's no dairy in them (this includes the dressings). Don't freeze the greek mason jar salad as the veggies can get mushy after defrost. See more at Tip #2.
- See how to layer salad in a jar at Tip #3. This step is very important if you're making it for meal prep
- You can make this Greek mason jar salad with your favorite veggies, cooked quinoa or pasta. Furthermore, you can add different kinds of meat. See more at Tip #4.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 677mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1025IU | Vitamin C: 35.2mg | Calcium: 290mg | Iron: 1mg