Chipotle Chicken Bowl With Cauliflower Rice
This easy chipotle chicken bowl recipe is Paleo, Whole30, takes just 35 minutes to make, and it includes a super easy and flavorful chipotle chicken marinate.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
For the chipotle chicken:
- 4-5 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb. (700g) boneless skinless chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
For the chipotle veggies:
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
For the cauliflower rice:
- 1 lb. (450g) cauliflower rice (1 medium cauliflower head) grated
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- guacamole or sliced avocados, thinly sliced jalapeños, fresh chopped cilantro/parsley, lime wedges, sour cream, etc.
To marinate the chicken:
Into the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, garlic, olive oil, cumin, dried oregano, a pinch of salt and pepper. Process until well combined and pureed. Add about 3/4 of the marinade over the chicken and mix to combine. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (overnight is best). Don't forget: When you are ready to cook the chicken, remove it from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking.
To make the veggies:
Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. In a large bowl, mix the prepped veggies with the remaining chipotle marinade. Stir to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5-6 minutes, or until soften and golden-brown, then remove from heat and set aside.
To cook the chicken:
Add a drizzle of oil to the same heated pan and cook the chipotle chicken, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and nicely browned. Set aside on a plate.
To make the cauliflower rice:
Keep the heat on medium and add olive or avocado oil into the same pan.
Add the riced cauliflower and sprinkle with salt, seasonings and lime juice. Stir-fry for about 4-5 minutes, or until golden and tender.
To assemble the bowl:
Add the cauliflower rice into your favorite bowl, then the chipotle chicken, peppers and onions. Top with avocado, lime juice and any other toppings you might like.Enjoy!
Please read the tips & tricks in the article before making this easy chipotle chicken bowl recipe. Below is just a summary:
- It's highly recommended to marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours before cooking. This will take the flavor to a whole new level. See more at Tip #1
- The marinade in this recipe works great for most kinds of meat.
- See how to make chipotle sauce for chicken at Tip #3.
- See which ingredients can be changed at Tip #4.
- You can serve this easy chipotle chicken in tortillas, bowls, salads, burritos, tacos or enchiladas. See more at Tip #4.
Calories: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 432mg | Potassium: 1559mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1880IU | Vitamin C: 109.2mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2.4mg