Easy Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
This healthy chocolate zucchini bread recipe is gluten free, takes just 15 minutes to prep, and you can make it for breakfast, snack or dessert.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 10 slices
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 medium-large zucchini (squeezed dry)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour (ground rolled oats)
- 1/4 cup Psyllium husk powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup dark mini chocolate chips (use sugar free if needed) plus extra to sprinkle on top
Preheat the oven to 360F/180C and line a standard 9x5 inch (23x13cm) loaf pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the eggs with honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Mix with an electric mixer until well combined and creamy.
Shred the zucchini and squeeze it dry, then add it to the egg mixture.
Stir in the oat flour, psyllium husk powder, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into a loaf pan and sprinkle with extra chocolate chips.
Bake for 30-45min, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the loaf.
Let it cool on a cooling rack, then slice and enjoy!
Please read the Tips & Tricks in the article before making this easy chocolate zucchini bread recipe. Below is just a summary:
- Taste the zucchini skin first and if it's bitter peel the skin off. See more at Tip #1.
- See how to prepare the zucchini at Tip #2.
- See how to make super moist chocolate zucchini bread at Tip #3.
- You can replace the coconut oil with vegetable oil, the coconut sugar with brown or regular, and the gluten-free oat flour with normal flour. See more at Tip #4.
- You can serve this healthy chocolate zucchini bread for breakfast or snack with tea, coffee or cocoa, for lunch next to a salad, or as a dessert by adding a spoonful of ice cream. See more at Tip #5.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 267mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1.5mg