Cheesy Zucchini Fritters With Spicy Ranch Dip
This cheesy zucchini fritters recipe is Keto, gluten free, super easy, and it comes with a delicious spicy ranch dip.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Total Time 28 minutes
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided
Ingredients for the spicy Ranch dip:
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped chives
- 2-4 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
Start by making the spicy ranch. Whisk all ingredients in a mixing jug and refrigerate until ready to serve. The flavors will meld together and it actually tastes better the next day, so you can make this one ahead.
Next, shred the zucchini, then squeeze the moisture out (as in the video above) and place them in a large bowl.
Add the eggs, almond flour, mozzarella, parmesan, and seasonings. Mix thoroughly to combine.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Spoon in a heap tablespoon of zucchini mixture and gently spread it to form the fritters. Cook about 3 fritters at a time, frying them for 3-4 minutes on each side (or until golden brown). While they cook, work on their shape, as they tend to spread a bit too much. With a silicone spatula, gently flatten the edges and make the fritters round. Carefully flip them on the other side, as they're still soft so they can break easily. Once the fritters are done and slightly chilled, they'll set nicely. Cooking the fritters can be a bit tricky, but don't worry too much, you'll get the hang of it after the first batch.
Serve with your spicy ranch dip and enjoy!
Please read the Tips & Tricks in the article before making this easy zucchini fritters recipe. Below is just a summary:
- To make these Keto zucchini fritters crispy, you need to fry them in a pan. See how at Tip #1.
- You can replace the seasonings with any of your favorites and you have a few good ideas at Tip #2.
- You can make these healthy zucchini fritters with cheddar instead of mozzarella and parmesan, and you can replace the almond flour with oats or regular flour.
- The ranch dip can be replaced with tzatziki or homemade mayo to keep it Keto, and if you're not dieting, with sweet chili, marinara, homemade ketchup, barbecue sriracha or harissa.
- You can serve them with salsa or Pico de gallo, with seared chicken or steak, or with hummus.
- Make sure you squeeze as much water as you can out of the zucchinis before cooking to help the mixture hold together tightly. See how at Tip #5
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 488mg | Potassium: 402mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 940IU | Vitamin C: 23.3mg | Calcium: 293mg | Iron: 1.5mg