Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps With Tahini Sauce (Keto/Paleo/Whole30)
This healthy chicken lettuce wraps recipe is Keto, Paleo, Whole30, gluten-free, and it takes just 15 minutes to make.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 Lb (450g) chicken breast skinless, boneless, cut into small cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced into strips
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced into strips
- 1 medium carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 small bunch of cilantro
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds to garnish
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Tahini Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice or juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp cumin powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup water
Please read the tips and tricks in the article above before making this easy chicken lettuce wraps recipe. Below is just a summary:
Total time doesn't include the time it takes to marinate the chicken. You can cook the chicken right after coating it with tahini sauce or refrigerate and let it marinate for anything between 15 minutes up to overnight. When cooking chicken, it's always best to reserve some time for marinating because it ads loads of flavor and makes it more tender.
- You can make these healthy chicken lettuce wraps with Romaine, Bibb, Butter lettuce or Iceberg.
- If you don't know how to wrap them, check out Tip #2.
- Serve them with a Thai rice salad, quinoa tabbouleh salad or creamy cauliflower soup.
- You can make them with chicken breast, thighs, turkey or shrimps. Furthermore, you can replace the veggies with your favorites. See more at Tip #4.
Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 953mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2790IU | Vitamin C: 17.7mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 2.8mg