Curried Cauliflower Soup With Coconut Milk Recipe
You can make this curried cauliflower soup with coconut milk in just 30 minutes. It's a super easy Paleo and Whole30 recipe.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2 pounds/1kg) broken into florets
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp curry blend
- 1 piece of ginger 2inch (5cm) long, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste or harissa paste
- 3 cups low sodium veggie broth
- 1 can (14oz/414g) coconut milk
- Sea salt and pepper to your taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 red chili sliced to garnish
- lime slices to garnish
Melt coconut oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add in garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, curry, and harissa/curry paste, then cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
Add in the cauliflower and broth, and bring to a simmer.
Cover with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
Stir in the coconut milk, then remove from heat. Using a hand blender, process until it reaches a thick creamy consistency.
Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle chili, fresh chopped cilantro and garnish with a few slices of lime. This soup is best served hot.Enjoy!
Please read the Tips & Tricks in the article before making this easy cauliflower soup recipe. Below is just a summary:
- To make the vegan cauliflower soup creamy, make it with canned coconut milk and simmer the cauliflower in broth until it gets really tender. See more at Tip #1.
- To thicken the Paleo cauliflower soup, make sure you don't add too much broth when simmering the cauliflower. For a large cauliflower head (about 2Lbs/1Kg) 3 cups of broth are enough. See more at Tip #2.
- This paleo cauliflower soup recipe has many immunity-boosting ingredients like garlic, turmeric and ginger.
- You can use other spices, like Italian seasoning, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, smoked paprika, or roasted garlic. See more at Tip #4.
- You can serve this healthy cauliflower soup with a Thai salad. See more at Tip #5.
- To make it Whole30, make sure the coconut milk doesn't contain sulfates, sweeteners or additives.
- You can make it with roasted cauliflower, but this will add up to the cooking time.
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 521mg | Potassium: 576mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1130IU | Vitamin C: 87.9mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1.6mg