Cheesy Chicken Fritters Recipe
This easy chicken fritters recipe takes just 30 minutes to make. It's a healthy and delicious Keto recipe, and it's also perfect for meal planning.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1.5 lb (700g) skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chives chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- a pinch of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 Tbps olive oil or more to fry
Place the chicken breast on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, chop it into tiny pieces, then place them in a large mixing bowl.
Into the large bowl, stir in almond flour, eggs, mozzarella, basil, chives, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
Heat oil in a large non-stick pan, over medium-low heat. With an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, scoop into the chicken mixture and transfer it to the pan, then slightly flatten to create a fritter. Don't overcrowd the pan, cook the fritters in batches, about 4 per batch.
Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 6-8 minutes. Keep in mind that you need to cook them at medium-low temp, otherwise they will burn on the outside but won't get well cooked on the inside.
Serve with your favorite dip and enjoy!
Please read the Tips & Tricks in the article before making this easy chicken fritters recipe. Below is just a summary:
- You can replace the cheese with any shredded melty cheese like cheddar, gouda or provolone.
- Use any of your favorite seasonings and here are a few good ideas: dried oregano, Italian mix, smoked paprika, chili, ground cumin.
- You can replace the chicken with turkey. See more on how to adapt this easy chicken fritters recipe at Tip #2.
- For meal planning, you can place the cheesy chicken fritters in airtight containers and refrigerate them for up to 5 days. Just remember to keep them separate from any side dish, dressing or sauce until you're ready to serve them. (See Tip #3)
- See Tip #4 for side dish ideas.
Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 212mg | Sodium: 405mg | Potassium: 691mg | Vitamin A: 655IU | Vitamin C: 5.7mg | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 1.6mg