Easy Turkey Cobb Salad Recipe
You can make this turkey Cobb salad recipe in just 20 minutes. It's healthy, super delicious and perfect for the Whole30 diet.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1Lb (450g) turkey or chicken breast sliced to a 0.5'/1cm thickness
- 1 avocado peeled pitted and sliced
- 4 cups chopped mixed green lettuce
- 2 hard boiled eggs peeled and sliced
- 6 thin slices of pastured bacon
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp almond flakes to garnish
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
Add bacon to a cold pan then turn the heat to medium. Cook until it starts to release the fat, then flip on the other side, about 6-7 minutes in total, to get it nice and crispy. Set aside on a paper towel to drain the excess fat. In the same heated skillet add chicken or turkey, season with salt and pepper and cook until golden brown and no longer pink on the inside (the internal temperature should reach 165F/75C). Set aside on a board and let it rest for 5 minutes, then slice or chop into bite-sized pieces.
In a large bowl, add the lettuce, then top with turkey, crumbled bacon, eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado. Sprinkle with almond flakes, then drizzle olive oil and vinegar.
Season with salt and pepper to your taste and gently toss to combine.Enjoy!
Please read the Tips & Tricks before making this easy turkey Cobb salad recipe. Below is just a summary:
- I have removed the cheese in this turkey Cobb salad recipe to make it within Whole30's rules. Instead of cheese, I added almond flakes. If you don't mind the Whole30 diet, you can add the cheese back.
- You can replace the veggies with your favorites like bell peppers, onions, shredded carrots etc.
- Instead of turkey, you can make this Cobb salad with chicken.