Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad Recipe
This quinoa tabouli salad is perfect as a main or as a side dish. It's vegan, healthy, and super delicious.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 27 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa rinsed well
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large English cucumber or 2 Persian cucumbers cut into 1/4-inch (1cm) pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 medium pomegranate)
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
Place a saucepan with 2 1/4 cups of water over high heat. Bring it to the boil, then add in quinoa and 1 tsp sea salt.
Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the quinoa gets tender, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it sit, covered, for 5 minutes, then fluff it with a fork and chill for 15 min.
Meanwhile, prep all the veggies.
Assemble the salad in a large bowl by adding in all the ingredients as follows: cooked quinoa, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, pomegranate seeds, parsley and green onions. Season to your taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and add lemon juice; toss to coat.
Please read the tips and tricks in the article before making this easy quinoa tabbouleh salad recipe. Below is just a summary:
- Cook quinoa before making this recipe. See how at Tip #1.
- You can use any kinds of herbs, tomatoes and onions.
- You can add minced garlic and cooked chickpeas.
- Vegans can serve it with roasted veggies, hummus or vegan curry.
- Non-vegans can serve it with roasted chicken, turkey or steak.