Vegan Thai Rice Salad Recipe
This simple rice salad recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner and even as a side dish. Moreover, it's super easy to make.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 cup wild and brown rice mix
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 3 cups kale roughly chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber chopped
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted cashew roughly chopped
- lime wedges to garnish
- 4 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tsp chili flakes
Fill a pot with salted water and bring it to the boil. Add rice and cook according to package instructions, then drain and let it cool down completely.
Meanwhile, prep the veggies and make the dressing.
Add all dressing ingredients into a mason jar. Place the lid on and shake vigorously to combine.
In a large bowl add the cooked rice, purple cabbage, cucumbers, kale, bell peppers, green onions, and cashew.
Add the dressing just before serving, and toss to combine.Enjoy!
Please read the tips and tricks in the article before making this simple rice salad recipe. Below is just a summary:
- You can replace the wild and brown rice mix with quinoa, barley, buckwheat, bulgur, or white rice.
- You can make this vegan rice salad with any kind of veggies you like, just remember to chop them into small bite-sized pieces. If you want it more crunchy, you should add peppers, carrots or cabbage. Moreover, you can replace Kale with baby spinach or romaine salad.
- If needed, you can replace cashews with pecans, almonds, chopped hazelnuts or walnuts.
- If you want it more filling, you can add tofu or baked chickpeas. Or, if you don't care whether it's vegan or not, add some grilled chicken or hard boiled eggs.
- This Thai rice salad is perfect for meal planning. Place it in airtight containers and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. But remember to mix with the dressing only before serving.