Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread With Peanut Butter
This easy chocolate chip banana bread recipe is perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert. Also, it's one of the best holiday desserts.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 4 large ripe bananas mashed well with a fork
- 2 medium eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 cups oats gluten-free if needed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 oz dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C and lightly spray a 9x5 loaf pan with coconut oil.
In a large bowl, add bananas and mash with a potato masher or a fork. Add in the eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla and peanut butter, and whisk until well combined.
In a high-speed blender add the oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, a pinch of salt and blend until it reaches a flour-like consistency.
Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly. Sprinkle a handful of chips over and oats the top.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack before slicing.
Please read the Tips & Tricks in the article before making this easy chocolate chip banana bread recipe. Below is just a summary:
- use overripe dark spotted bananas
- check if it's done at about half the baking time. If it is browned on the outside, but still gooey in the middle, cover it with foil to make both parts cook at the same time.
- if you want to make super moist chocolate chip banana bread, don't over mix the batter. You need to mix it just enough to incorporate the ingredients, otherwise it will not come out as fluffy and moist
- serve it with milk or tea for breakfast, or with jam, honey or maple syrup for dessert.