You have to try this Baked ricotta with honey & figs.
many a few days of eating healthy, a massive craving hit me. I wanted sweet, I wanted salty… Oh, I wanted everything after all those salads and veggies.
You know the feeling when it’s already been a few LOONG days since you started your diet and all sorts of cravings hit you? A burger? A beer? What about chocolate? Or better yet chocolate ice cream. “Nope, none of that for you chubby” That’s what I usually say to myself 🙂
But it’s hard to fight cravings, right? So the only thing I can do is to try to find healthy recipes that will please my mad cravings. I started screening for delicious recipes that won’t affect my healthy diet and I was surprised to find quite a lot of them on my Pinterest boards.
I carefully sifted through them and … Eureka, I think I’ve got a winner: Baked ricotta with honey and figs recipe. It seemed like the healthiest choice, with no extra calories (if I could only stop after a couple of slices). It can be served as a main or a dessert. Sounded just perfect. Yep, I definitely have a winner here.
And in just over 30min, my Baked ricotta with honey and figs was out of the oven and ready to satisfy both my sweet and savoury cravings. Spread it on a toast to make it crispy and have it with a glass of red wine.
Baked ricotta with honey & figs
- 350 g ricotta
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 figs quartered
- 3 tbs honey
- 4 sourdough bread
- salt & cayenne pepper
- Heat the oven at 180C.
- Mix the ricotta with salt, cayenne pepper and thyme.
- Grease a small cast iron pan with olive oil (or any ovenproof dish). Spread the ricotta and level it over the base of your dish.
- Drizzle olive oil and bake it for 15 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven, lay the figs on top, then bake it for another 15 minutes.
- Throw the slices of bread in the oven, about 3 minutes before the cheese is ready, to make it a bit crispy.
- Once the ricotta is ready and out of the oven, leave it for a few minutes to chill and then drizzle honey on it.
- When serving it, spread it on the toasts, add a fig on each and extra honey if you have a sweet tooth.
If you like this Baked Ricotta Recipe, why not rate it in the comments section below, so it will reach more awesome foodies like yourself