This Hummus Recipe is a vegetarian dish that’s perfect even for meat-lovers.
If you didn’t know by now, I have to tell you that I am a huge fan of hummus. There are so many reasons why and I have detailed them all in my Turmeric houmous with roasted cherry tomatoes recipe.
I am seriously thinking about making a blog category just for it, as there are so many ways to prepare it. There are all sorts of colours and flavours as well.
Today we’re going to make a hummus with beetroot pesto. Its beautiful colour and smooth consistency make it so special.
I like it with on a warm pita bread and Julienne cut veggies (like peppers, celery or carrots). You should definitely try it as a snack when you have friends over or on a movie night.
First we’ll start with the beetroot pesto recipe:
300g steamed beetroot 2 garlic cloves 1 tsp smoked Maldon salt 150g extra virgin olive oil 40g grated Parmesan Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until you get a smooth paste, about 2 minutes. Put the pesto in a jar and keep it in the fridge. It will last for about a week.
Time to cook the Hummus Recipe
How to make a delicious Beetroot pesto Hummus
- 400 g can of chickpeas in water
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & pepper
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs beetroot pesto
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend everything together until you have a smooth paste, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spread the hummus on a plate. and start experimenting by adding the toppings you like.
- You can top it with any kind of salad leaves, sprinkle seeds/nuts, add chopped veggies and drizzle a bit of olive oil.
- I used roasted yellow zucchini (sliced zucchini roasted in the oven - 180C in a tray for 10-12 minutes), pine nuts, salad cress and chopped radish.
*This post may contain affiliate links