This Hummus Recipe is a vegetarian dish that’s perfect even for meat-lovers.
If you didn’t know by now, I have to tell you that I am a huge fan of hummus. There are so many reasons why and I have detailed them all in my Turmeric houmous with roasted cherry tomatoes recipe.
I am seriously thinking about making a blog category just for it, as there are so many ways to prepare it. There are all sorts of colours and flavours as well.
Today we’re going to make a hummus with beetroot pesto. Its beautiful colour and smooth consistency make it so special.
I like it with on a warm pita bread and Julienne cut veggies (like peppers, celery or carrots). You should definitely try it as a snack when you have friends over or on a movie night.
First we’ll start with the beetroot pesto recipe:
300g steamed beetroot 2 garlic cloves 1 tsp smoked Maldon salt 150g extra virgin olive oil 40g grated Parmesan Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until you get a smooth paste, about 2 minutes. Put the pesto in a jar and keep it in the fridge. It will last for about a week.
Time to cook the Hummus Recipe
How to make a delicious Beetroot pesto Hummus
- 400 g can of chickpeas in water
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & pepper
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs beetroot pesto
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend everything together until you have a smooth paste, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spread the hummus on a plate. and start experimenting by adding the toppings you like.
- You can top it with any kind of salad leaves, sprinkle seeds/nuts, add chopped veggies and drizzle a bit of olive oil.
- I used roasted yellow zucchini (sliced zucchini roasted in the oven - 180C in a tray for 10-12 minutes), pine nuts, salad cress and chopped radish.
Try this Hummus Recipe and if you like it, why not rate it in the comments section below, so it will reach more awesome foodies like yourself