Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes Pasta. Such a filling and tasty veggie recipe
A healthy lifestyle consists in balance. For physical and mental wellbeing a balanced diet will always work best. You don’t have to eat just veggies, as you shouldn’t eat meat three times a day. With a balanced diet and the right amount of proteins, carbs, fibres and fats, you will feel and look good, without having to hit the gym that often.
To keep a healthy balanced diet, I have days when I don’t eat meat at all. But I still need the protein and carbs though, because working in a kitchen means that my days are terribly long and very exhausting. And that’s when the Spinach & cherry tomatoes durum wheat pasta come to the rescue.
Pasta is very nourishing, which is why it is often a good substitute for meat (Don’t eat it excessively though, as too much pasta will bring you a few extra kilos that I’m sure you don’t want. Always remember to balance your diet). Add spinach and you’ll get a bit of Popeye effect that will keep you strong for whole day. With cherry tomatoes and garlic, it will make a perfect lunch or dinner, easy to cook and easy to eat. For an extra kick of flavour, top it with parmesan and Homemade basil pesto.
How to make the Spinach and Tomatoes Pasta Recipe
Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes Pasta
- 2 cups (250g) durum wheat pasta - I used Penne
- 2 ⅓ cups (350g) mixed cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves - chopped thinly
- Himalayan salt
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 17 ½ oz (500g) spinach
- ⅔ cup (60g) grated Parmesan
- Boil the pasta adding a pinch of salt in the water. When it’s ready, cool under running water then drain.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves, add 2 tbs olive oil, chopped garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper and roast them in the preheated oven at 180C, for 15 min, to get as much flavour as you can from them.
- Add 2 tbs olive oil in a pan and then the chopped garlic. Cook it for about 2 min so it will enhance it's flavour. At this point you can start adding the fresh spinach, stirring and adding more. A pinch of salt and pepper is always welcomed.
- Right after you added all the spinach, it will start to reduce its size and you will be left with just a quarter of the big 500g bag of spinach.
- Add pasta on top of the spinach and toss. At the end you can add your roasted cherry tomatoes and sprinkle grated parmesan.
*This post may contain affiliate links