A delicious Japanese recipe. Seabass with asparagus and chili
Today I am going to show you a delicious Japanese recipe that you can easily cook in under 30 minutes. It’s light so it works well with most diets, but if you don’t care about that, I suggest you make it a double as I am sure you’ll love it 🙂 . For taste and flavor, I marinated it (overnight) in a lovely Japanese sauce. That made it so delicious, I literally licked the plate clean :))
Pair it with some dry Sake (my favourite drink 🙂 ) and enjoy it with your friends and family.
And if you like Japanese recipes the way I do, you just have to take a peek at the Tuna Tataki I made last week.
Japanese marinated sea bass with asparagus and chili
- 2 sea bass fillets
- 1 Tbs butter
- 250 g asparagus trimmed
- Maldon smoked salt flakes
- 1 red chilli sliced
- Watercress to garnish
- Ingredients for the Japanese marinade: 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs Mirin Japanese sweet cooking wine
- 2 Tbs sake
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Mix well all the Japanese marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Marinate the sea bass in the mix for at least 1 hour. (it get’s better if you can keep it overnight in an air-tight container).
- Place a pan over medium heat, and when it’s hot, add the butter and pan fry the asparagus for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and set aside on a plate.
- In the same hot pan, add the fish fillets skin down first. They will need about 2-3 minutes on each side to get cooked through and form a caramelised crust on the top.
- Place the asparagus on a plate, put the sea bass on top and sprinkle with fresh sliced chilli and watercress.
Try this Sea Bass Recipe and if you like it, why not rate it in the comments section below, so it will reach more awesome foodies like yourself