A delicious Japanese recipe. Sea bass with asparagus and chili
Today I am going to show you a delicious Japanese recipe that you can easily cook in under 30 minutes. It’s light so it works well with most diets, but if you don’t care about that, I suggest you make it a double as I am sure you’ll love it 🙂 . For taste and flavor, I marinated it (overnight) in a lovely Japanese sauce. That made it so delicious, I literally licked the plate clean :))
Pair it with some dry Sake (my favourite drink 🙂 ) and enjoy it with your friends and family.
And if you like Japanese recipes the way I do, you just have to take a peek at the Tuna Tataki I made last week.
Japanese marinated sea bass with asparagus and chili
- 2 sea bass fillets
- 1 Tbs butter
- 250 g asparagus - trimmed
- Maldon smoked salt flakes
- 1 red chilli - sliced
- Watercress to garnish
- Ingredients for the Japanese marinade: 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs Mirin - Japanese sweet cooking wine
- 2 Tbs sake
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Mix well all the Japanese marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Marinate the sea bass in the mix for at least 1 hour. (it get’s better if you can keep it overnight in an air-tight container).
- Place a pan over medium heat, and when it’s hot, add the butter and pan fry the asparagus for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and set aside on a plate.
- In the same hot pan, add the fish fillets skin down first. They will need about 2-3 minutes on each side to get cooked through and form a caramelised crust on the top.
- Place the asparagus on a plate, put the sea bass on top and sprinkle with fresh sliced chilli and watercress.
*This post may contain affiliate links